Deer grunt question

bwbb88

I lost my old deer grunt and figured what the heck I've had it for years and its time to get a new one. I've had my eye on the flextone extinguisher. Whats yall thoughts on this call. Thanks in advance

shakey gizzard

I lost my old deer grunt and figured what the heck I've had it for years and its time to get a new one. I've had my eye on the flextone extinguisher. Whats yall thoughts on this call. Thanks in advance

Can it also put out fires?

DoubleDees

If it's by Illusion, that's the one I have and I'm very pleased with it. I can do a buck, doe, and fawn call all from one call (just adjust the reed position)...that being said I still prefer the Primos Can for doe bleat....so I carry both.

HighCotton

I've never had any luck with calls, rattlin', or any of that stuff. I think the best thing to do is get in the stand early, stay downwind from the deer, and just be quiet. All this stuff probably scares off more deer than it attracts.

TheTurkeySlayer

I've heard some pretty good stuff about that extinguisher call! Said they love it.

garveywallbanger

Calls dont work for me but I have one confirmed kill on one. The old Indian saying is "The less you move...The more you see"

chp.cheatham

Make sure it is the call made by Illusion and not Flextone. The Illusion call gets rave reviews while the Flextone call has terrible reviews. I personally won't buy anything made by the folks that manufacture Flextone. These include Wild Game Innovations, Flextone, and Barnett Crossbows. Most if not all of their products get terrible reviews.

wiggywigg71

The extinquisher is the same call that illusion makes, flex tone has a deal with them. I like mine a lot. Last year and this year it has worked great for me. It replaces all my other calls except my rattling system. I can make all the same deer vocalizations with it so I don't have to take multiple calls to the woods. I just take it and my pack rack and I am good to go with less gear which equals a lighter load, but to each his own.

BEEVUS

Deer calls....hmmm? Experiment with calls, see what works and what spooks them off. That takes time in the woods...When a non shooter shows, I like to test my calling and see the reactions they cause. Had a doe two weeks ago, snorting and blowing at me and I shut her right up with a bleat call....as far as brands...I go with what sounds good

healee

I have not seen or heard a call that sounds just like a deer. Over 25 yrs. of hunting grunt call has only worked for me 2 times and that is when the rut was in full swing.