How often do you wear hunter orange while in your stand?

Do you wear hunter-orange while hunting?

• Never

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Occasionally, depending on who's with me

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Only while walking to and from my stand

Votes: 94 20.0%
  • Always without fail!

Votes: 308 65.7%
  • I wear it, but I know of others who refuse to!

Votes: 43 9.2%

• Total voters
Alabama's rule regarding the wearing of orange is-250 inches in Alabama vs 500 inches in Georgia-a ball cap satisfies the requirement in Alabama and is stated in the regulations and....if you are in an enclosed blind or 12 feet or more off the ground you can remove it. Only required to and from the stand/shooting house. A reasonable requirement in my view. Have a nice day !

Alabama's rule regarding the wearing of orange is-250 inches in Alabama vs 500 inches in Georgia-a ball cap satisfies the requirement in

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the folks in Alabama calculated a ball cap as having 250 sq. inches, they mostly being Auburn graduates and all, but in the rest of the world it take about 3 ball caps to amount to 250 sq. inches.

kevincox

Apparently lots of folks even like to wear there orange driving their trucks and even eating in restaurants.LoL

SheHunts2

Blaze in the stand

When I started hunting I could not figure out why we wore camo pattern to be discrete, then stuck this big orange vest over it.

So I found the camo blaze, best of both worlds. So I'm in compliance with DNR, and still feel like it blends in.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 90

T.P.

Banned
Apparently lots of folks even like to wear there orange driving their trucks and even eating in restaurants.LoL

That actually makes me smh. I think some folks put it on the week before season and don't take it off til the day it closes. smh again just thinking about it.facepalm:

Glad to know....

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the folks in Alabama calculated a ball cap as having 250 sq. inches, they mostly being Auburn graduates and all, but in the rest of the world it take about 3 ball caps to amount to 250 sq. inches.

That you are up to date on your mathematical calculations-must be a Georgia Tech Engineering Post Graduate Degree Guy !!!!:rofl::banana:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
My answer would'a been different back when this poll was originally posted than it is now. Took it off in the stand back then. Since then I got my boy started huntin', and realized I had to be an example, then.....I realized it doesn't bother deer anyway.

Oh, and I forget to take it off before going to lunch sometimes facepalm:

Yep !!

That actually makes me smh. I think some folks put it on the week before season and don't take it off til the day it closes. smh again just thinking about it.facepalm:

Lot's of Waffle Houses loaded up with Orange Vests-Hey-Deer not only can't see Orange, they Can't Smell Bacon !!:flag:

Lil Red

At some point my dad was scoped out in a tree stand by a neighbor, before we (his kids) started hunting, not sure if he had orange on or not at that time, but I do know that even though I'll be thirty this year, he would still kick my butt if he knew I wasn't wearing it. Always have worn it and its never been the reason deer have spooked (unless I wore it to breakfast that morning).

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Always have worn it and its never been the reason deer have spooked (unless I wore it to breakfast that morning).

If they can smell your breakfast from the vest, they were gonna smell you anyway.

Funny that folks judge what other folks are wearing inside the Waffle House. Never thought forgettin' my orange was still on would be a huntin' fashion faux pas. Wonder what folks think about my old coveralls held together with a safety pin and torn out knees.

T.P.

Banned
If they can smell your breakfast from the vest, they were gonna smell you anyway.

Funny that folks judge what other folks are wearing inside the Waffle House. Never thought forgettin' my orange was still on would be a huntin' fashion faux pas. Wonder what folks think about my old coveralls held together with a safety pin and torn out knees.

I'm picking up what your throwing down, jb. :shoot: 80% of the time I wear blue jeans and my old Carhartt jacket. I just think to a lot of folks camo and orange is a fashion statement. Browsing for the latest and greatest pattern to hit the market and then checking to see what their favorite tv hunters are wearing.

To each their own though.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I just think to a lot of folks camo and orange is a fashion statement. Browsing for the latest and greatest pattern to hit the market and then checking to see what their favorite tv hunters are wearing.

I agree. Those folks are easy to spot, and I think they're funny too. Personally, I go for the "poverty" look when in the deer woods. If it ain't old and torn, it ain't comfy.

tcoker

I agree. Those folks are easy to spot, and I think they're funny too. Personally, I go for the "poverty" look when in the deer woods. If it ain't old and torn, it ain't comfy.

So they think your funny and you think they're funny. At least everyone is laughing. I don't really care what any of ya'll wear.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
So they think your funny and you think they're funny. At least everyone is laughing. I don't really care what any of ya'll wear.

Hard to believe camo is now a fashion statement.