My first "What is it?" aka: The Great Unknown

rosewood

No known bears or sightings in the area. nearest bear sightings are at least 8-10 miles to the east towards Cohutta or the occasional one 8-10 miles to the north. If it was a bear, I am sure he would have been all in the 20lbs of corn spread out. A yote wouldn't have much interest in the corn....I don't think.

Now, see, that is some info you left out. If there was corn on the ground, and not touched much, that pretty much rules out hogs and bears. They are gonna get into that for sure. Kind of makes me think it was some type of predator then.

Rosewood

six

I think what looks like a face of some sort may just be the ground. Something (crow wings, moth etc) in front of the camera is just a blur and you can see the ground through it.

jp94

No known bears or sightings in the area. nearest bear sightings are at least 8-10 miles to the east towards Cohutta or the occasional one 8-10 miles to the north. If it was a bear, I am sure he would have been all in the 20lbs of corn spread out. A yote wouldn't have much interest in the corn....I don't think.

Believe it or not the University of Tennessee is doing a bear study in north georgia and one of their survey/bait sites is only a few miles from your location.

rosewood

MCBUCK

yup...I left the door open.

MCBUCK

Believe it or not the University of Tennessee is doing a bear study in north georgia and one of their survey/bait sites is only a few miles from your location.

I have heard of some sightings near here, Jeremy. But most of them have been further north towards Beaverdale, Little Murray....I know there's been some around Eton, but do you think any have made it to my neck of the woods? I'm right on the river...you know where I'm at or at least close.

jp94

I have heard of some sightings near here, Jeremy. But most of them have been further north towards Beaverdale, Little Murray....I know there's been some around Eton, but do you think any have made it to my neck of the woods? I'm right on the river...you know where I'm at or at least close.

There has been one reported sighting at the double bridges on 286 of a sow with cubs. There has been multiple sightings last year between the golf course and the river. But I believe those were enticed by some garbage that was dumped out in the area. Did have one guy tell me he saw one on McCamish Road but he also said he saw a 12pt buck in early may without velvet.

MCBUCK

There has been one reported sighting at the double bridges on 286 of a sow with cubs. There has been multiple sightings last year between the golf course and the river. But I believe those were enticed by some garbage that was dumped out in the area. Did have one guy tell me he saw one on McCamish Road but he also said he saw a 12pt buck in early may without velvet.

PM sent...and a text. :biggrin3: