100K Ranger

needmotime2fish

I've been a boat owner in the past, and never paid even $2K for one -- but I was a weekend, non-tournament angler.

Of course now, I'm strictly a bank fisherman, so $100K seems ridiculous for a boat. But it should be each person to his or her own thing. If you can afford and justify buying a $100K boat, I say - go for it!

LTZ25

If they can't them they wouldn't make them . I bet they sell everyone they make . And they are not for fishing in a 1 foot deep creek just as a kayak is not made for a large lake . I not gonna buy a double wide but that don't mean I'm jealous of the guys that have them .

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If they can't them they wouldn't make them . I bet they sell everyone they make . And they are not for fishing in a 1 foot deep creek just as a kayak is not made for a large lake . I not gonna buy a double wide but that don't mean I'm jealous of the guys that have them .

If you're talking about my comments, you are confusing jealousy with just don't want or need one, and wouldn't use it if I had it. No jealousy involved at all. I would durn sure sell it and buy something I wanted more, though.

red neck richie

If you have that kind of cash and that's what you want go for it. IMO not worth the money a total ripoff. But like someone else posted someone is buying them or they would be bankrupt.

Jack Flynn

My daughter and I walked into the Ranger dealers showroom after buying some oil for my 25 hp oil change. I was shocked...... 10 k down and 5-600 a month for 20 yrs! 20 yrs! So 132K total payback plus the 10 k down payment if the loan goes full term. For a 79 k boat. People have lost their frikken minds. The dealership had it all spelled out sitting on the front deck of each boat.

Mike81

I'm curious as to what's on this boat that makes it so expensive other than its there 50th anniversary boat?

Big Foot

130k pontoons out there, now that's kinda nuts

Eugene Stinson

My first bass boat was 20 years old when I sold it and I bought a new boat 2 years ago. It will last me the rest of my life.
I remember 30 years ago a good interest rate on a boat was 16%. Financing a bass boat today for 20 yrs at 4.99% sounds like a deal to me. $150 a month payment. So when time are tough I'd pay the 150. When the I work OT I pay a lot more.
I still would not pay over $50,000 for one. You can accessorize a boat a lot cheaper than if you buy one that will have everything available on the market already installed.
I bet they will sell at least 200. All the Pros will get a lot of help buying them.
I have quite a few folks tell me how nice my boat looks but they would never spend the $34k on a bass boat like I did. Then drive off in an 70k truck with all the bells and whistles towing a 10k boat. To each his own.
A boat that big is just to much boat for my liking.

Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

If someone has the money to purchase one who am I to say anything about what he buys. Some folks work or worked hard for their money and if it's worth 100k to them, and that kind of money is no object, good for them. I believe Ranger makes a great product, with a great re-sale value and I own one myself. "There are some folks out there that have more money than good sense and there are some folks out there that have more money because they have good sense".-Jim Farmer

Last edited:

The mtn man

My fishing boat is a 1977 model, with an 85 johnson javelin motor, she leaks a little, but I have a pump thank goodness. But she runs like a new one, my riptide trolling motor I got from someone off this forum is worth more than the boat, but that's all I got in it, my boat is the best kind of boat, it was free. I just had to get it out of someone's way, with a little elbow grease and some redneck enginuity, I've got a fine fishing boat. I don't care if someone pays $100k for a boat, not jealous one bit, i don't even care if they smirk at mine at the boat ramp, "some do", I'd be willing to bet, i Ave just as much fun fishing as they do, mainly because I don't care if I get worm dirt in the floor.