4th Annual Food Plot Prep Picture Thread

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
That is a most mighty fine looking patch of beans you have. I dont see evidence of browse in the spot you took the photo. How big is the field ?

flycastr

.5 Acre with a fence. The eagle beans outside the fence are hanging in there but show heavy browse pressure

Forest Grump

I am convinced the much odd and end weed seed came to this area via bird seed and poultry feed. One examples is the thistle that has invaded north Georgia. This plant simply did not exist here until about 30 years ago. Another example is the velvet leaf.

If you are referring to Musk Thistle, it arrived here via the "Hay Lift" which occurred in the late 80's or early 90's (I forget the particulars); but we had a terrible drought, & folks in the Upper Midwest had a surplus, & they shared... including musk thistle. The other thistles, we've had for at least a few hundred years.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I cut under my buckwheat yesterday. It grew off in about 60 days and was in full bloom. It looked like there was a rain coming so I replanted a second crop. Oats will follow in October:banana:

Attachments

• #1 (600 x 450).jpg
    #1 (600 x 450).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,419
  • #2 (600 x 450).jpg
    #2 (600 x 450).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,426
  • #3 (600 x 450).jpg
    #3 (600 x 450).jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 2,430
  • #4 (600 x 450).jpg
    #4 (600 x 450).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,420
  • #5 (600 x 450).jpg
    #5 (600 x 450).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,432

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
One more from last night after the re-plant

Attachments

• #6 (600 x 450).jpg
    #6 (600 x 450).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,315

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Here is a pic of some laredo soybeans from Madison county. Planted with John Deere VanBrunt planter 1968 Vietnam era.

Very nice!!!! That ole equipment is still working!!

Canuck5

Well, the more I improve the soil, the more the grass and weeds like our clover plots, but I try to keep after them and knock them back. We've had a good amount of rain this summer which has added to the weed problem.

Medium red clover and a little Arrowleaf is all that's left, but still being used.

Attachments

• Clover2.jpg
    Clover2.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Clover1.jpg
    Clover1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,217

HuntingFool

Have some new plots I am starting. Mowed them this weekend. Going down to spray roundup this week, then wait a few weeks to plow and plant. Lets hope for rain this year. Bow season is near!!:banana:

cr00241

Here are some updated pictures from last weekend of the millet field. All this rain has helped. Won't be long now. I have seen some doves starting to fly around.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,164
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,168

Canuck5

It must be time for a T.P. corn and soybean update???

T.P.

Banned
Work been keeping me hopping the last few months and I haven't been to my place hardly any. I don't have any recent bean pics, though I did go down last weekend and bushhog a few lanes in my corn. The lanes didn't exactly go where I wanted to cause once I got inside I couldn't see where I was going. But they'll work. I'll get some bean pics this weekend and post them up.

2017-08-16 08.27.14.jpg

Canuck5

Very nice T.P.! I suspect the deer are in there already!?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Can you shoot that far;)

Looking good

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Work been keeping me hopping the last few months and I haven't been to my place hardly any. I don't have any recent bean pics, though I did go down last weekend and bushhog a few lanes in my corn. The lanes didn't exactly go where I wanted to cause once I got inside I couldn't see where I was going. But they'll work. I'll get some bean pics this weekend and post them up.

View attachment 911511

You could make some extra money if you turn that into a corn maze for Halloween.

Triple C

T.P. - You gonna have a bunch of frustrated neighbors this fall. All the deer will be living on your place!

T.P.

Banned
I forgot to take a pic of my beans this weekend. I had all but given up on them making any beans but this past weekend out of nowhere they were loaded down. I figured they would have made a while back. Right now they are pushing 140 days in the ground.