Looking for Gas 2nd Biggest GON ISSUE

seminole87

If anyone can help me, im looking for october or november 1987 issue of gon or georgia sportsman with ron petzelt on the cover. he caught gas 2nd biggest bass in september of that year. unfortunately gon doesnt have a back issue of it anymore.

Last edited:
I wish someone would scan the photos of it and post them here

davidf5252

Im in for this too! Someone has to have it... Ill do some searching as well.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
I probably have it I'll dig through my "stacks"

seminole87

thatd be awsome if yall could find one! He was a very close friend of mine (me and his son were childhood best friends), and ever since his passing we cant find the issue he had set away. I have the fiberglass replica (his son has the live mount), ill take a pic of it and show yall. 18.1 lbs aint small! makes my 10 pound look like a minnow.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
nope didn't find it. sorry

basstrkr

Gon

I searched my pile but did not have it.
Your county library could have a copy if someone has donated a subscription to GON.

I did find some 1978 BassMaster mags.

youd think someone from gon could post it here, maybe ask brad gill if he can sort it out... would love to see the fish

seminole87

What if any issues from 87 early 88? It may not be cover (should have been). I don't have much info cause I was a baby when this was caught and he has passed away.

huntingonthefly

Gone but not forgotten
PM me this weekend to remind me .I'll be home then, in SC now. I'll look in my colllection.

huntingonthefly

Gone but not forgotten
Sorry, didnt have it. I didnt realize 1987 was the very start of GON. I have nearly all the issues since March 15, 1990, when it was printed bi-weekly in newspaper form. For those dates forward maybe I should post a Sticky for GON past issues? Memories, especially of those who are passed will certainly be relished by loved ones and then passed on to future generations. Anybody else?

i would contact gon and see if they have it somewhere, maybe on microfilm or something?

seminole87

bump bump

someone somewhere has to have this issue.

GON or Georgia Sportsman. We used to have a few of these, but when he passed away they were lost.

seminole87

11003998_10100302241019065_1132491872_n.jpg

Teh Wicked

I do not have any old issues, but didn't I hear not to long ago someone caught a 22lb somewhere here in GA that tied the current world record?