Asa state championship

GIBBS

I have heard alot about the state championship, does anyone know if it going to be half unknown and half known (LIKE THE WEB SITE SAYS) or like the pro/am? I will be shooting the senior class and my wife will be in the womens hunter class. I would just wanted to know?

BowanaLee

In senior's (45 yds) its half and half. I know because its my class. Not absolutely sure about womans hunter but I think it is too.
Last year it was at Bennett Farms. This year its at sweetwater. Beware though, I think my slump is over. ::ke: :bounce:

GIBBS

In senior's (45 yds) its half and half. I know because its my class. Not absolutely sure about womans hunter but I think it is too.
Last year it was at Bennett Farms. This year its at sweetwater. Beware though, I think my slump is over. ::ke: :bounce:

I have heard alot of talk that its going to be like a asa pro am but thats not like the ase fed web site says. But who knows? I don t see how it could be if the rules say half and half...

oldgeez

always 1/2 & 1/2

GIBBS

always 1/2 & 1/2

Not always 2009 or 2010 and i think the location i think was at gainesville it was not half and half. I am not sure if that was gainesville or someone else wanted it changed. I would say someone had some pull with someone. The rule states that everyone shoots half unknown and half known unless its a all known class.

alligood729

Not always 2009 or 2010 and i think the location i think was at gainesville it was not half and half. I am not sure if that was gainesville or someone else wanted it changed. I would say someone had some pull with someone. The rule states that everyone shoots half unknown and half known unless its a all known class.

I shot the one in Gainesville, Open C that year....it was 1/2 known, 1/2 unknown.....

oldgeez

bennet, 2011..1/2 & 1/2; gainsville, 2010..1/2 & 1/2...can't remember where the year before, but those 2 i remember well...shot geezer class:stir::stir:

MI360

I shot the one in Gainesville, Open C that year....it was 1/2 known, 1/2 unknown.....

I know for sure 2010 at gainesville was not half and half for everyone. I helped run that shoot, and we got a phone call the day before saying we had to run it like a pro am even tho the web site said half and half unless it was a all know class. It doesnt matter to me just set rules and stick with them.

GIBBS

Well maybe our state rep or maybe someone from the sweetwater club would let us know what the deal is???

oldgeez

i think you're right mitchell..it sure seems like that flat side was known...maybe it just seemed that way, since it was sooo much easier than that mountain side in the morning, lol!!:cheers::cheers:

alligood729

I know for sure 2010 at gainesville was not half and half for everyone. I helped run that shoot, and we got a phone call the day before saying we had to run it like a pro am even tho the web site said half and half unless it was a all know class. It doesnt matter to me just set rules and stick with them.

You could be right Mitchell, but I'm approaching "geezer" status if you listen to some folks....lol I might not remember....:bounce::bounce::bounce:

oldgeez

:smash::smash:"what you talkin' about willis??"..uou already shot geezer class at the cbg. you're a geez, lol::ke:::ke:

GIBBS

Well it looks like no one knows what the heck is going to go on at the state championship... I thought maybe our state rep or someone from sweetwater mite tell us something? I am going to be ready for half and half thats what the rules say on the fed web site.

jrbowhuntr

I have a call into Margie about this, I have not heard anything back. I'm all for 1/2 & 1/2 all the way around. It would make my job alot easyer. I don't want to say it will be one way and then be told NO it has to be this way a week befor the shoot. I'm in the process of working on some other stuff for the state shoot. I'll have more up on here and the ASA forum after the Georgia ProAm.

Last edited:

Brian from GA

i think you're right mitchell..it sure seems like that flat side was known...maybe it just seemed that way, since it was sooo much easier than that mountain side in the morning, lol!!:cheers::cheers:

Johnny you thought it was known cause I kept saying Johnny just shut up and just shoot it for 40. :D

It was definitely all unknown that year.

The Federation rules as I have heard them from Dee Falks and read the rules sheet say the state and qualifiers are 1/2 and 1/2 unless you shoot a know class (Novice. Wom Bowhunter, Mens Known, etc) then it is all known.

Sweetwater has hosted the state many, many, many times over the years and always do a bang up job. They will be spot on you can bet. Since I started shooting ASA I know Sweetwater hosted at Wolf Creek twice, The place over the RR tracks near REs old house and at the Fishery or what ever that was. From memory- which is real poor these days this will be the first state at the current location.

I like the 1/2 and 1/2 but could care less as long as we know a few weeks out to practice.

oldgeez

i thought that was stevie telling me that...i think that was an old fireman's preactice field...seems like it had radon and they had to move again. i'm with you ..it ain't sweetwater's first rodeo..ole jrbowhunter will get it together..we still got loads of time..i know he doesn't want any last minute "unpleasantries!!"....lol:hammers::hammers::huh::huh: