Wanted to brag about my personal favorite wrestler *UPDATE*

biggdogg

I know it isn't college or pro sports related, but I'm bragging anyway. My son is going into the home stretch in his preparation for his biggest tournament by far. He will be wrestling some of the best high school wrestlers in the nation next weekend at the NHSCA Junior Nationals in Virginia Beach. He has given up baseball and football in his pursuit of his passion and I couldn't be more proud of this kid. He has been training 5 nights a week since the school season ended getting ready for this. This will be his first national tournament.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1476480989592-1.jpg
    FB_IMG_1476480989592-1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 458
  • FB_IMG_1489509974999.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489509974999.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 460
  • Super 32.jpg
    Super 32.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 448
  • War Eagle.jpg
    War Eagle.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Good luck to the young man! I miss my days tearing up the mat!:cool::cool:

GAGE

GONetwork Member
What weight class is he? Wrestling is a mans sport for sure, good luck to him.

walkinboss01

Good luck to him!!

hayseed_theology

Best of luck to your son!

Wrestling is more than a great sport - it's a brotherhood.

Patriot44

Banned
That is AWESOME and a scholarship sport. Wishing him the best of luck, love stories like this!

turkeykirk

Congratulations!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good stuff, good luck to him.

Brought back memories, our coach had the ceiling of the workout room painted with the words "Your about to be pinned."

alphachief

Good luck to him...I have a ton of respect for any young man willing to go out and lay it on the line on a wresting mat. Nobody to depend on but yourself out there. Takes a ton of heart and dedication.

biggdogg

Thank you gentlemen. He has huge goals and some big dreams. He wants to wrestle in college and make a run at a Team USA spot. He'll be a junior next season so we'll see. I have no idea how far he can go, but he won't let anyone work harder than he does, that's for sure.

biggdogg

Been a while, but a little update on the boy.

He went 2 and 2 with 1 pin and 1 tech fall at the Virginia Beach tournament. Not too bad for his first national tournament.

Attachments

• Va Beach 1.jpg
    Va Beach 1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 211
  • Va Beach 2.jpg
    Va Beach 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 219

biggdogg

Also, he has been wrestling Freestyle/Greco nearly every weekend since and this past weekend he finished 4th in the State Freestyle tournament qualifying him for the 2017 Team Georgia National Team. Looks like quite a bit of traveling in our future!

Attachments

• Big throw.jpg
    Big throw.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Go time.jpg
    Go time.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Front lock.jpg
    Front lock.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 219

Latest posts