Nascar, once a cultural icon, hits the skids.

LOVEMYLABXS

That was the same day that some old boy decided he would hijack the pace car. They chased him around the track for a couple of laps, but when they got him stopped, them Alabama troopers were not too nice to him.

Here ya go ::gone::biggrin2:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

T-N-T

They all were, except for Ernie Irvin. He was an arrogant butt.

I was fortunate enough to spend time in the Winston Cup garage back in the day when we were at Talledega and Charlotte and there wasn't hardly a bad one in the bunch.

I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for this bunch of snotty brat corporate drivers in the sport now.

In about 2001 or 2002 I worked on Ernie's house for about 3 or 4 weeks.
This was after his bad accident and retirement.

He was a Much more humbled individual. Nice guy then. Took us in his garage and talked about what ever.

But his head wasn't right after that last lick.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bucket List Item #1 - Steal the pace car at Talladega and take it for a few laps. - Checked that box.:biggrin2:

You know that would come in second to nekid sky diving don't you.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
In about 2001 or 2002 I worked on Ernie's house for about 3 or 4 weeks.
This was after his bad accident and retirement.

He was a Much more humbled individual. Nice guy then. Took us in his garage and talked about what ever.

But his head wasn't right after that last lick.

I saw Ernie at a restaurant in Charlotte about 10 years ago .... it probably took him 5 minutes to figure out which bill in his wallet was the "$20 bill". Felt bad for him.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I checked on the Sports Forum to see what people were talking about 10 years ago. The page I looked at had 10 NASCAR threads on it.

We had a Woodys Fantasy Racing League starting around 2001 until last year. For the last 10 years, participation has declined, and this year 3 people signed up. We killed the league and moved on.

Havana Dude

Do away with the tax benefits associated with advertising, and watch the sponsors vanish. It's all about the money.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just get back to stock car racing. If one manufacturer is faster than the other, leave the rules along and let the others catch u on there own. In their efforts to even out competition, they have drove cost through the ceiling and the racing has declined to the point, that they keep changing the rules looking for some magic formula, to return them to their glory days.