Happy Easter

red neck richie

Ok Richie you win. Your resolve to avoid the question has wore me out.
But I'll answer your question -

No.

I will win if your house is beside mine in the Kingdom and we are fishing together. Otherwise I feel like you fell into the river and you were going over the falls. I stuck my arm out to grab you but you wouldn't grab mine and I watched you go over the falls.

ambush80

I will win if your house is beside mine in the Kingdom and we are fishing together. Otherwise I feel like you fell into the river and you were going over the falls. I stuck my arm out to grab you but you wouldn't grab mine and I watched you go over the falls.

What's the world record Heaven bass weigh?

WaltL1

Although I appreciate you feel that way, you shouldn't.
I used to be a Christian. I'm perfectly aware of the price your god is going to make me pay if he exists.
I'm not a rapist. I'm not a thief. I'm not a murderer. I don't go to church on Sunday and then break the 10 Commandments on Monday. I don't worship any other gods. In fact, I now lead a more "Christian like" life than many Christians do. Am I perfect? No. I admit that and work on being a better person.
Next time you see God maybe you can ask him why that's not good enough. Maybe ask him why I have to worship him to be considered a "good" person in his eyes.

Heck if the rapists, murderers and thieves can fish with you in the Kingdom sure seems like there would be room in the boat for the people who weren't those things.

Israel

BANNED
Ok. I'll grant that what you explore is tangential (oh boy, is it ever) to the discussion of freewill.

I see where you might be going, only because I'm familiar with the way you develop conversation, but regular folk don't usually wander off into the thicket like that when discussing a specific topic.

OK...you say tangential, fair enough.
I'm not interested in playing gotcha (well, maybe not as much as once I was...but who knows right?...maybe more so?) but somebody posted something like "a puppet is free, but only if he loves his strings". Or something like that.

Then a man concedes "his stuff" might well be roiling up from the unobservable and (perhaps) unknowable (acknowledged as part of himself...maybe even the iceberg metaphor...a very greater part) into his consciousness. And from there, the man acts and speaks. (We haven't yet decided if this is, or must be true of all men..."but studies show").

Yeah, puppet and strings. "These are my strings" says the puppet, and how I love them so...for...they...are mine. It is of no consequence to the puppet (or so it thinks) that I do not know or see clearly the other end of their tether...for again...regardless it is all "of me". (we touched on this in the other discussion, the not knowing of stuff poured in...let alone even moment to moment the stuff that "sneaks by" even after we are made conscious to choice).

Such fools we are! Thinking we stand as guards in the conscious...this I will receive...this I will not. This I will "let" become part and parcel of me...this I will not. It's too funny for words, but I see my freedom in word may be taken as sleight. For all the while those judgements of what to be let in, what will decide what is "of me" and what is not, what is acceptable, what is only fit for rejection...are all according to the strings being already pulled, already always having their tugs and yanks inexorably at work. Laughable.
"I will be what I want"...while all the while wants are never seen, desires and fears jerking away at strings...but in the man's mind he says "Look, I am my own product!"
He even sings to himself.

660griz

Heck if the rapists, murderers and thieves can fish with you in the Kingdom sure seems like there would be room in the boat for the people who weren't those things.

I don't won't to be in a place with rapist, murderers, and thieves. Seems to me the only difference between heaven and h3!! is the temperature.
Maybe God forgives, I don't.

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
--Emo Philips

drippin' rock

My head just exploded.

WaltL1

I don't won't to be in a place with rapist, murderers, and thieves. Seems to me the only difference between heaven and h3!! is the temperature.
Maybe God forgives, I don't.

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
--Emo Philips
Well to be fair to the rapists, murderers and thieves, as long as they can eek out a repentance with their dying breath, then the rapists, murders and thieves aren't rapists, murderers and thieves anymore no matter how many victims they have raped, murdered or thieved.
That should be of great comfort to their victims.

660griz

Well to be fair to the rapists, murderers and thieves, as long as they can eek out a repentance with their dying breath, then the rapists, murders and thieves aren't rapists, murderers and thieves anymore no matter how many victims they have raped, murdered or thieved.
That should be of great comfort to their victims.

I reckon God can forgive them since he made them that way. I don't. Plus, you never know when they could relapse and ask for forgiveness...again.

God should have a, 3 strikes and you are out, rule.

WaltL1

I reckon God can forgive them since he made them that way. I don't. Plus, you never know when they could relapse and ask for forgiveness...again.

God should have a, 3 strikes and you are out, rule.
Geez Griz with that attitude you better find out what tackle you'll need for fishing in the Lake of Fire :bounce:
Maybe a Daredevil spoon would work.......

660griz

Geez Griz with that attitude you better find out what tackle you'll need for fishing in the Lake of Fire :bounce:
Maybe a Daredevil spoon would work.......

If there is no cold beer, what's the point? :cheers:

ambush80

I appreciate that brother. I hope your house is next door as well. We have different views on the afterlife but I can tell you are a good man.

If you're right about which God is real it won't be, my wife and daughter will be with me burning in He11 for all eternity, too. But we got what we asked for. We made a choice with the best information that we had available. You can keep calling that just and loving if you want.

ambush80

If you're right about which God is real it won't be, my wife and daughter will be with me burning in He11 for all eternity, too. But we got what we asked for. We made a choice with the best information that we had available. You can keep calling that just and loving if you want.

By the way, if I told you I had cancer would you care? I bet you would. I bet you would think about me off and on during the day. Why don't you have that same reaction knowing that I'm going to He11? Is the thought of it, the reality of it too much to bear? Do you have to put it out of your mind that I will be burning in a lake of fire for all eternity with no end to my suffering? Think about the reality of that. Can you stand it?

red neck richie

By the way, if I told you I had cancer would you care? I bet you would. I bet you would think about me off and on during the day. Why don't you have that same reaction knowing that I'm going to He11? Is the thought of it, the reality of it too much to bear? Do you have to put it out of your mind that I will be burning in a lake of fire for all eternity with no end to my suffering? Think about the reality of that. Can you stand it?

I do have the same reaction. I pray for you all the time. That God would give you what you need for your proof.

drippin' rock

Dripping rock what is the meaning of your avatar? I must admit I find it a little odd and didn't care for the song I heard when I researched it online.

That's Bubbles from the Netficks series "Trailer Park Boys".

Bubbles lives in a shed with his cats. He gets scared easy. Samsquanch is his way of saying Sasquatch.