Peter 4:3

j_seph

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

The question to me is does one have a conviction for having one, two, three drinks. Does your Lord and Savior convict your heart if you have a drink? My conviction will not let me go out and drink whisky, I drink a beer back on the 4th and got a conviction for doing that. I will have a glass of wine every so often with dinner and there is not a conviction for that. Going and getting drunk, not going to happen.

Artfuldodger

John 2:10
and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."

Was Jesus condoning drinking too much at a wedding feast?
Like most things in life, it's what you do every day.
These people had already drunk a lot of wine by the time Jesus turned water into wine.
He didn't say "no, these people have already drunk too much wine." He saw that they were in celebration and gave them even better wine to what they had been drinking. It was a wedding feast.

They weren't drinking in a brothel. They weren't drunk in the gutter. They weren't spending all of their family's money on wine. It wasn't consuming their lives or worship.

1gr8bldr

Even the qualifications for a deacon was abstain but rather not given to drunkenness.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

It is my version of this:

…29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”…

So yes it is a variation from my sanctification walk of my individual thoughts and feelings on what my soul has been transformed to by being Christian.

You must remember that even when a man cleaves to the very words of scripture as to be righteous his cleaving is to feeling and thought and the soul set within himself-- otherwise he would not need to fellowship to find the "best" meanings for the rules that should guide him.

What he/she says that scripture says is glued by these "feelings" and "thoughts" on them--even and especially when he/she needs to find scripture to say exactly due an inner assumption that his/her very life, and man's expression in general is separated from God, even after the ministry of God through Jesus Savoir and a claim to be Christian.

So yes they are my feelings and thoughts... very much with our living God within and very willing to scripture and verse if need be. My interpretation on the topic ( which I understood to be the request) comes from the perspective of what and how to do and opposed to seek in scripture from a perspective of what not to do. To seek scripture for what not to do is to fear the law; to seek God in one's life as to what to do is to fear injury to His love and to one's life in Him.

Oh! Well! Since you put it that way....

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten

…29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”…

So yes it is a variation from my sanctification walk of my individual thoughts and feelings on what my soul has been transformed to by being Christian.

You must remember that even when a man cleaves to the very words of scripture as to be righteous his cleaving is to feeling and thought and the soul set within himself-- otherwise he would not need to fellowship to find the "best" meanings for the rules that should guide him.

What he/she says that scripture says is glued by these "feelings" and "thoughts" on them--even and especially when he/she needs to find scripture to say exactly due an inner assumption that his/her very life, and man's expression in general is separated from God, even after the ministry of God through Jesus Savoir and a claim to be Christian.

So yes they are my feelings and thoughts... very much with our living God within and very willing to scripture and verse if need be. My interpretation on the topic ( which I understood to be the request) comes from the perspective of what and how to do and opposed to seek in scripture from a perspective of what not to do. To seek scripture for what not to do is to fear the law; to seek God in one's life as to what to do is to fear injury to His love and to one's life in Him.

A great perspective on the interpretation of scripture, with which I agree wholeheartedly; with the one exception of the last sentence (that exception being based on my belief that all scripture is revelation, which is interpreted by and through the Spirit placed in the heart of God's People)

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
Proverbs 23:29-35

Who has woe? Who has sorrow?
Who has contentions? Who has complaining?
Who has wounds without cause?
Who has redness of eyes?
Those who linger long over wine,
Those who go to taste mixed wine.
Do not look on the wine when it is red,
When it sparkles in the cup,
When it goes down smoothly;
At the last it bites like a serpent
And stings like a viper.
Your eyes will see strange things
And your mind will utter perverse things.
And you will be like one who lies down in the middle of the sea,
Or like one who lies down on the top of a mast.
“They struck me, but I did not become ill;
They beat me, but I did not know it.
When shall I awake?
I will seek another drink.”

Nuff said...thank you