Small Crappie for Linesides

watermedic

Okay Guys,

I have a pond that is over run with 4-5 inch crappie. I've caught several hundred this week and have them in buckets with aerators keeping them alive.

Will they work well for down lining and/or trolling for stripers and hybrids? I can buy herring but I'm just trying to find a way to use them.

I figured a fishing/turkey hunting trip will be a good way to do it.

JackSprat

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that as soon as you hit public waters with "several hundred" live crappie you are asking for trouble.

watermedic

Didn't say I was taking that many. I will only take 30 unless my buddy goes. Then I may take 60.

I didn't ask about game and fish laws. I am VERY familiar with them. Simple question needing a simple answer.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
You will do better targeting large catfish, not saying you will not be successful going for landslides but big cats love live bait that size.

pop pop jones

Didn't say I was taking that many. I will only take 30 unless my buddy goes. Then I may take 60.

I didn't ask about game and fish laws. I am VERY familiar with them. Simple question needing a simple answer.

dang man, don't get your fruity looms in a wad, sounded like he was just trying to save you some trouble.

Big7

The Oracle
Short answer is yes.

That's one of many reasons I NEVER put
one back. I don't care if it's six inches long.

They eat native fish and DO NOT belong landlocked
and the WILL/DO eat anything they can.

You can wear them out on crappie and brim.

Heck, I've had them get on jugs and noodles
using crappie and brim, set for cats.

Catch and release.. Right in some grease!
They do eat good!

:D

Last edited: