Gaswamp and I have struck again! #2

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
We’ve been taking my youngest boy some in the afternoons trying to get his first bird, but we haven’t had much luck. My boy decided he wanted to sleep in, so me and swamp decided to head to another spot early this morning. We set up on the edge of a small field and waited on a gobbler to fire up, which didn’t happen. Skeeters were swarming, thermacell finally started working. The breeze was a little cool, but it was a nice morning to be hunting.
Ol swamp was soaking up a little sun shine and we were trying to decide on whether to move or not. He’s clucking and purring trying everything in the book to get something going. Bout 10 minutes to 8 I look to the left and dang if this Tom ain’t standing there all puffed up and glowing in the sun. He ain’t made a peep, I whisper over to swamp cause he can’t see him yet. He finally gets to where swamp can see him and he’s putting on a show, strutting around like he was something. 3 inch 20 gauge did him in though.
19.5 pounds, 1 1/8 and 1 inch spurs, 9.5 beard.
Second bird I’ve ever killed, definitely hooked now.

Rett-ta-hunt, Gaswamp wanted you to know that he was trying to cross bottom road but he didn’t make it.

Attachments

• AD5A1B77-B68C-4C97-BCB5-F888B81A8427.jpg
    AD5A1B77-B68C-4C97-BCB5-F888B81A8427.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 719

wvdawg

Staff member
Very nice - congrats!

AWESOME JOB MAN ! Congrats to you both! What day did yall get him ?

Gaswamp