Team # 20 Hooks and Beards

country boy

just wondering how yall want to decide to enter a bird since we can only enter 12 I have no problem with anybody entering a bird right away so we don't go over the time line tring to decide

HenryHunter

If it is a decent bird, I say go ahead and enter it. I will not shoot any Jakes. The main thing is that everyone take plenty of clear pics so that there is no questioning.

donblfihu

Do you think we ought to post the birds on the team thread first just to make sure everythings ok? Seven days ought to be enough time to get one posted, mistakes will hurt if their's any questionable pics.

HenryHunter

It definitely wouldn't hurt. I say we post on here first. I have been in the challenge for several years now and know what questionable pics look like. My best advice is to take plenty of pics so you can choose the best ones.

nosfedgta

Man Im a little worried guys. I have ben getting tons of pics and last night I checked my cams..... and nothing. Its like they vanished for some reason. 9 days of the cam being out there and I only have one pic of a tom walking by. last time I had pics of hens.. toms.. jakes.. etc.. I hope they are still in the area.

donblfihu

Those birds will be there, good luck team.

nosfedgta

Good luck to all tomm. I cant wait to get out there tomm evening. I have to work in the am, but I will be there in the pm.

HenryHunter

Good luck everybody!!! Gonna get out there in the morn before all this rain hits.

HenryHunter

Well Guys I hope your opening morning was as exciting as mine. Called in 2 hens and four jakes. They hung around the decoys Gobbling, spitting and drumming for almost 45 min. The best opening morning I have ever had. It was definitely fun. Too bad there werent any longbeards or we would have been on the board.

nosfedgta

Well guys I made it out this pm. I killed a nice bird that had a beard that measured just over 9in and spurs just hsort of an inch. This was a special hunt to me becauseits been 12 years since I have shot a turkey. It was an exciting hunt for sure. Special thanks goes out to my buddy Ben for doing an awesome job calling, it was ahunt ill never forget. I will post some pics when I get home and we can decide wether or not to enter him. I am posting this from my phone

ButcherTony

Well Guys I hope your opening morning was as exciting as mine. Called in 2 hens and four jakes. They hung around the decoys Gobbling, spitting and drumming for almost 45 min. The best opening morning I have ever had. It was definitely fun. Too bad there werent any longbeards or we would have been on the board.
i didnt hear a peep...i feel good about tomorrow if the rain will hold off