Monroe County 2016

GAbuckhunter88

Who all is hunting Monroe County this year? Anybody hearing much in the way of Turkeys?

I hunted Monroe over Easter weekend. The birds were talking well in the early morning hours. They shock-gobbled to crow calls while they were still on the roost. I am by no means an accomplished caller, so I had difficulty getting birds to come.

Deerhead

Hi HH still in Monroe. No Turkeys our way. We have good deer. I just wish those around would let the little one's walk for just one more year. Oh well... However they are going to cut 1/3 of the property. The pines have beetles. So it has to be done. Looking forward to another season in the woods...

GAbuckhunter88

We had a rough year for turkeys. Plenty on camera but it's so thick it was hard to hunt them. Looking forward to another good year for deer. Already have numerous growing on camera.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Getting excited about this year just started a 260 acre club. Alot of deer sign. Gonna try and hang cameras this weekend.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I'm close to johnstonvile Rd and hwy 42

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Seeing a few, got high hopes for this place

GAbuckhunter88

We have more good bucks on camera this year than we ever have. Looking forward to a good season hopefully.

Deerhead

We just put in our food plots and set out some trail cams. The deer sign looks good. I found a sapling rubbed and broke in two with some big tracks around. Hope it will be better than last year!

Forshaw3

Was down at he land yesterday checking on plots and a couple other things. Starting to hear a few acorns drop so hopefully it will be a good first day this weekend.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Haven't had much time to hunt, also our land is being cut right now.