Teton Sports XXL Cot & Cot Pad

KLBTJTALLY1

I thought I would put my two cents in regarding tent sleeping / camping out. I looked and tried many pads and air mattresses to no avail. I'm a bigger guy and nothing was comfortable. I then found the Teton Sports XXL cot. Man what a difference. Well made, tough, supportive. There's a video of six or seven guys standing on one without any give. Also, I added the XXL pad to go with it and I've got a great bed. It puts the sleeper above the ground and you have extra storage under the cot. They have quite a few accessories as well for odds and ends. They even have a tent that goes with that fits only the cot if you don't need the extra room of a tent. I must say there are few "buys" that I'm very happy with but this is one of them. So if you've been sleeping on a homemade bunk bed (plywood) at the camp, hard ground in a tent, or just need the extra sleeping space; I highly recommend this setup to anyone. They come in a few sizes for the skinny fellas and also for us larger dudes.

Good Luck!

Etoncathunter

I agree wholeheartedly. I purchased one 2 years ago and have used it several times. It is great, comfortable, easy to set up, and holds my big rear end up. I just have the cot right now, but I plan on getting the XXL pad to go with it too.

ripplerider

I started using a cot several yrs. ago and its made all the difference in the world in enabling me to get a night's sleep while camping. I have shoulder issues and dont even sleep well in my bed at home. My cot has made it possible to sleep while camping. It's not a high dollar one by any means, I paid $20 to a neighbor who needed the money. I put a couple of extra pads on it and I can sleep now. It takes up a good bit of room in my 4-man Timberline tent but it's definitely worth it. Makes it easier to get my boots on too. It'll be going to Wyoming with me soon as I'm camping a couple of nights on the road. When I get there I'll be sleeping in a camper since no tent camping is allowed in the campground due to Grizzly activity.