Five Guys

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Never understood the craze with Five Guys. Yes, it is a good burger, but it's nothing spectacular. If you want something good, try Freddie's (steak burgers) or Culver's (butter burgers) is the way to go.

Culvers all the way. They even have a fried walleye sammich.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Culvers all the way. They even have a fried walleye sammich.

I never think of the one in Canton. facepalm:
I eat at Culvers when up north.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Five Guys is a good burger but it is $.
We just had a Cook-0ut open locally and it is pretty good.
For $5 you can get a choice of burger, sandwich plus 2 sides and a drink. The Double Burger is pretty darn good, fries are good and the hush puppies are pretty darn good.

I like Freddies, it is a good change of pace.
Hard to go anywhere and get a burger fries and drink for less than $8 anymore.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Ate there once. That was enough. Burger was good, but I absolutely hate throwing away food and the fries are way too much. Probably won't eva eat there again. It was good, but one time is enough. :D

Artfuldodger

I haven't tried Culvers yet. Five Guys is one of my favorite burgers. The wife and I get the small burgers and share a small fry. The small is the same size I would cook at home.

I guess if I was feeding five I'd go to Wendy's.

If I'm paying $10.00 for a burger it should come with fries. I want to try Fat Patties over in Bluffton or Port Royal, SC.

The beef come from a Hunter Cattle in Brooklet, Ga.

http://www.huntercattle.com/

http://fat-patties.com/fat-patties-menu/

Dub

Five Guys is okay, I suppose.

Maybe I'm a homebody, but I simply rather do it myself.

My tunes, my grill, my sippin drink, my dogs watching my every move.......relaxing times.

When on the road, you gotta eat somewhere, I guess. Times like that will usually find me at BoJangles. I can hurt myself on a two breast meal with dirty rice and drink a gallon of their tea.

Capt Quirk

I know that most of you guys are griping about the price of food these days, and it is expensive. But it just isn't the "old days" anymore. You remember getting a big slab of steak, salad, baked potato and beer for .50, and you still want that... but things have changed.

:)

All kidding aside, I have heard the food is good at 5Guys, but never tried it. $10 for a lunch is a bit steep, and it would have to be really good. I felt the same way about Red Robins. A really good burger and a mountain of fries will average just under $10. BUT, they also have a bottomless Root Beer float. For a bargain burger, we always hit Central Park in Sparta when we visit folks in Athens. Their Big Bubba combo is about $5-6, and is a right tolerable sammich. They could give you more onion rings though.

cjones

FiveGuys is a nap in a bag. Get the cheeseburger with everything and you won't come away hungry fo-sho.

Now if you want an epic burger experience, you have to In-n-Out in California (it's the only good thing Cali has going for it). Just order "Double-double animal style with animal style fries". It's not listed on the menu, but it's there. I promise.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I know that most of you guys are griping about the price of food these days, and it is expensive. But it just isn't the "old days" anymore. You remember getting a big slab of steak, salad, baked potato and beer for .50, and you still want that... but things have changed.

:)

All kidding aside, I have heard the food is good at 5Guys, but never tried it. $10 for a lunch is a bit steep, and it would have to be really good. I felt the same way about Red Robins. A really good burger and a mountain of fries will average just under $10. BUT, they also have a bottomless Root Beer float. For a bargain burger, we always hit Central Park in Sparta when we visit folks in Athens. Their Big Bubba combo is about $5-6, and is a right tolerable sammich. They could give you more onion rings though.

I ate at Red Robin once. The burgers were ok, but no better than Wendy's. For five of us, it cost $100 plus tip.

Fuddruckers is da bomb.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

ryanh487

I just looked it up and discovered that there is a Five Guys just a couple miles from where I work. I will go there for lunch tomorrow and see if the fries are indeed too much. I doubt it. One of my main gripes with other fast-food joints is not nearly enough fries.

They scoop the fries into a cup, put the cup in a normal sized fast food paper bag, and then dump a few more scoops of fries in the bag. It's a lot. Try them with the malt vinegar they have.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
They must be doing something right. Just read where they are in the process of opening one in Winder/Bethlehem.

rospaw

5 guys is over priced. Been maybe 10 times and always say it's just not worth it. Had one in roswell and it was always dead at lunch with Stoney River steak behind it packed. (burger 13 with fries)
Went to Red Robin once ..... over priced and ok at best. Another one popping up is Bobby Burgers. Same platform as 5guys. Burger ok to good, unlimited fries and the fries are good.
Steak and Shake kicks them all. triple burger and fries, 4 bucks!
Fudruckers is the best out of the higher end burger chains.
Hard to beat a home grilled burger but fries are a pain and timely to cook right.

specialk

I like 5 guys and Fuddruckers too.....the pnuts are free at 5 guys.....