Covert wireless

sghoghunter

I bought a covert Blackhawk bout a month ago and set up the web portal,bought the 1000 pic a month plan and activated the camera. For the first couple weeks I kept it close to home and it took some pics but not many. I took it to my hunting land last weekend and put it out along with a wildgame terra 6 over some corn. As I hunted this afternoon I checked the card in the WGI camera and had 3 times the number of pics on it than I did the covert. I also watched 3 deer today for 30 minutes and it never took a pic. Is there anyone else that's having the same problems

N

NantucketShedHunter

Were the two cameras on the same delays? Remember that a cell cam takes a long time to send the picture depending on the signal strength in your area.

sghoghunter

I'm not talking about a delay I'm talking about the WGI cam taking pics while the covert is sleeping I guess. The covert takes 1/10 of the pics all my other cams take. Since I've had it there's only 361 pics on my phone and usually there will be that many on all the other cams in a week. Here's two pics that was taken that the covert never detected

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3770.jpg
    IMG_3770.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 304

kbuck1

What hes saying is that once the covert takes a pic it is out of commission until that photo is transmitted. While a non cell camera would remain taking photos. Maybe its taking pics and failing to transmit them

sghoghunter

I understand that but what I'm saying is that it just ain't picking up half the deer the other cam is. I watched a 4 pt for 30min this afternoon before it took a pic. He walked past the cam and when he came back by is when it finally took it.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I've been trying to tell lots of people here as this is why I LOVE my WGI cameras as they took 159,591 photos from January 1, 2017 until 12/30/2017. Based on 7 years of excellent performance, I ONLY USE WGI CAMERAS. I will be glad to put the quality of my photos up against any other camera brand too. The good thing is that I have never paid more than $100 for any of my WGI cameras either.

I only use WGI cameras and I have bought a total of 62 of them and I have 37 of the WGI cameras in service 24/7/365. Thankfully, I do have several spares when needed.

I have a WGI Micro Red Enhanced camera that was manufactured back on 8/10/2011 and it still works excellent. In fact, I have several cameras that were manufactured in 2012 that work great also.

My WGI cameras took 5,088 photos just during the past 8 days as I pulled the cards today and uploaded every one of them onto my computer tonight.

Attachments

• T-CAM ROAD - 2            1-7-18 210.jpg
    T-CAM ROAD - 2 1-7-18 210.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 256
  • T-CAM # 4 POND A - B            9-4-17 039.jpg
    T-CAM # 4 POND A - B 9-4-17 039.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

sghoghunter

I've been trying to tell lots of people here as this is why I LOVE my WGI cameras as they took 159,591 photos from January 1, 2017 until 12/30/2017. Based on 7 years of excellent performance, I ONLY USE WGI CAMERAS. I will be glad to put the quality of my photos up against any other camera brand too. The good thing is that I have never paid more than $100 for any of my WGI cameras either.

I only use WGI cameras and I have bought a total of 62 of them and I have 37 of the WGI cameras in service 24/7/365. Thankfully, I do have several spares when needed.

I have a WGI Micro Red Enhanced camera that was manufactured back on 8/10/2011 and it still works excellent. In fact, I have several cameras that were manufactured in 2012 that work great also.

My WGI cameras took 5,088 photos just during the past 8 days as I pulled the cards today and uploaded every one of them onto my computer tonight.

I have 3 of them myself and compared to this $375 CovertWireless I'd take 1 WG over 100 free coverts. I have lots of great looking pics just like the 2 above

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I have 3 of them myself and compared to this $375 CovertWireless I'd take 1 WG over 100 free coverts. I have lots of great looking pics just like the 2 above

I checked my records tonight and I found that my WGI cameras have taken a total of 814,679 photos since I started using them back 7 years ago. I do have a huge photo library of all sorts of critters on my property during this time. I try to keep most of these on an external hard-drive and I know that I have got to transfer a tremendous amount of photos from this past year from the 500 GB external over to the 2 TB external hard-drive to make things perform more easily.

I spend a lot of money on the overall scheme of things BUT there is no way that I would spend that kind of money on just one camera either. I actually spent a total of $3,197.26 on all of my cameras, batteries, feed, bush-hogging, exploits etc during 2017. That doesn't include any costs for gasoline in making the 90-100 mile round-trip about 45-50 times up to the country during the year as well.

I NEVER even hunted at all during 2017 either. The next buck that I shoot will cost me a fortune for sure but I enjoy watching the critters more than shooting them these days. But on the other hand, I will probably be out of venison by next hunting season so my finger might touch the trigger after all.