What is this???????????

Doolydawg03

I am curious if someone has ever seen one of these not sure what you would call it it has smooth discs with roller behind the disc the disc are not angled they are strait and you can't change the angle of them they stay strait at all times im guessing some sort of a homemade cultipacker i need some replacement discs for it and maybe a bearing or 2 to replace. I just received this equipment so want to get it ready to work. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I think you're correct. Looks like an early version of a cultipacker, maybe even homemade complete with a rack to load some concrete blocks on.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
My guess is ......... some sort of old pasture reseeding equipment

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Homemade.finish harrow/cultpacker.Throw your seed out on the tilled ground and run this over it once to cover and pack seedbed.

WayneB

that would appear to be an 'arena drag' or 'arena footing drag'.
Commonly used for dressing uncompacted soils for equine events.
Never seen one with discs inline, but have seen a number with ripper teeth or tines..

Bushhog Bob

Don't know what it is but it looks strong and well built.
A smooth roller does not pack like cultipacker wheels
because the tilled soil is never level

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I know very little about equipment like this because I have never been around it. I do wonder just how the discs are changed out though as I don't see how they are supposed to be changed out and then the new disc are re-fastened in place on the shaft.

Maybe someone can educate me on this.

Doolydawg03

I know very little about equipment like this because I have never been around it. I do wonder just how the discs are changed out though as I don't see how they are supposed to be changed out and then the new disc are re-fastened in place on the shaft.

Maybe someone can educate me on this.

Yes agree, i have been wondering the same thing myself as to how i would change the ones that need replaced, its a single strait shaft.

Thanks for all of the reply's i am going to try to use it like a cultipacker on a small food plot (3/4 acre) i am going to work up for this fall and see how it does. I think it will work well for my intended use.

BCPbuckhunter

I don't claim to be smart but it looks like some kind of contraption that is pulled with a tractor but take that with a grain of salt.::ke: