Places to see and stay in Asheville

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of things are you looking for, or what do you want to do? And how tolerant of very strange people are you? Asheville is an interesting place no doubt. I spend most weekdays there.

GIII

We really just want to chill. Also see new places,are the Biltmore and Grovepark worth a try? We have never been to Asheville and we were raised in Atlanta so we can deal with some odd people.

greg_n_clayton

What kind of things are you looking for, or what do you want to do? And how tolerant of very strange people are you? Asheville is an interesting place no doubt. I spend most weekdays there.

What the Hillbilly said !! The Biltmore House is a big mansion !! Not worth the fees...to me anyways. Not familiar with the other place. I would though put the valley on my to do list iffin ya like the.....way out places !! It is near the NCHillbilly residence and his kitchen is open 24/7 for some of the best food in the mountains !! The trip all the way through the loop will take ya better part of a day !!

greg_n_clayton

Aint the spoon lady in Asheville ?? She would be a interesting character to look up !! Google her if ya never heard of her !!

Patriot44

Banned
Go there with no plans and stay near the main drag. Walk, drink, eat and most importantly, people watch. We go about once per year. Work takes me there 5-6 times per year.

Go to the Linville caverns. Way, way cool.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
We've been to Asheville 3 different times. Two of the times we ended up staying at a B and B. There wasn't much difference in price than if you were right down town. The B & B's were a very short cab ride to downtown. We enjoyed the hospitality at the B&B's .

This is the last one we stayed at and our favorite. The owners are super nice and are very knowledgeable about the history of the area.

https://www.bedandbreakfast.com/north-carolina-asheville-lionandtherosebedbreakfast.html#img-10

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Biltmore is worth seeing for sure, but they are proud of their tickets. Still worth seeing at least once. Even better in the spring when the gardens are in bloom. Grove Park isn't my thing, but might be yours.

Asheville has a bunch of very good restaurants, a bunch of breweries and taprooms, and some good music venues.

One thing pretty interesting to do is just go downtown after dark, walk around, and watch all the weirdness from the Pritchard Park drum circle to all the crazy, different folks walking around, performing, or playing music on the street. You will be bothered by panhandlers.

Greg, the Spoon Lady is pretty interesting for sure. She's usually playing with some talented musicians somewhere around town.

greg_n_clayton

Steve....what's the low down on the Hillbilly Jam in Maggie Valley ?? In July I believe it is !! Yeah.....27th and 28th !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Steve....what's the low down on the Hillbilly Jam in Maggie Valley ?? In July I believe it is !! Yeah.....27th and 28th !!

Kind of fun way to spend a day. We've went a time or two.

Duff

We really just want to chill. Also see new places,are the Biltmore and Grovepark worth a try? We have never been to Asheville and we were raised in Atlanta so we can deal with some odd people.

The Biltmore Inn ( I think it is) is nice and out of the hussle and bussle.

You most likely haven’t seen “odd” until you’ve to to Asheville after dark. :bounce: