Vaping

Timbo85

My wife and several friends vape , all of them said it was to help quit smokin and they did quit cigarettes but they puff on them vape rigs like it’s their life support, one hit off them vapes looks like you just inhaled a hole pack of cigarettes and they sound like a dan jet takin off when they hit em not to mention all the complainin about I’m out of juice my coil is bad my battery ain’t lasting as long as it used to plus they look like a bunch of winder lickers walkin around with them things every where they go , I tell em it a chemical war sadam came up with to wipe out America slowly, on the plus side they smell way better than the cigs kinda like a on hand air freshener

DCHunter

I smoked for 22 years, then quit cold turkey, then dipped, then smoked, then dipped, then chewed Nicorette, then smoked, then quit cold turkey, then patches, then smoked, then quit cold turkey, then dipped, then patches, then smoked, then Nicorette, then dip, then quit cold turkey, then smoked, then I finally vaped for about 4 months and weaned off and haven't had a cigarette since 2012. So for me it was the only thing that worked for me to help me quit. Results may vary.

Dirtroad Johnson

30 pounds for me. Been smoke free for 10 years in another 8 days.

Congratulations Nic.

This May will be 10 years for me, I made attempts to quit thru the years but always failed to stay quit. In the latter part of April 08 scans - xrays showed that I had a small (nickel - quarter size) spot on my left kidney that was biopsied & confirmed to be cancer. It was in a risky spot so the urologist in Tifton recommended to remove the whole kidney. My surgery was in the 1st or 2nd week in May, it scared me enough :hair: that I quit cold turkey & honestly haven't missed it. Almost 10 years now.

hopper

I commend all who have put down smokes, tried and tried but never could. 2 to 3 pavks a day for 20 or so years Reds were my life got to hardly beieng sble to breath. Vape may not be great but I feel way better 3 yrs of vapin. I can hike with the family and not out of breath. Just my exp. Not recommending it I sm still just as hooked. No flavor junk here

baddave

congrats to everybody that has quit-- yeah , i changed my mind on suicide a long time ago .. about 35 years ago

Big Foot

quit cigs 15 years ago cold Turkey after a million tries...brought God into the deal and quit cold Turkey the next day done period over.

picked up cigars 3 months ago...worried it would send me back to cigarettes...nope, not even a hint of wanting a cig....avg about 4-5 cigars a week...

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ouit smoking 30 years ago. Dipped for about 15 years after that. Stopping dipping was 10z harder to quit for me.

GA native

I kicked cigarettes four years ago and went to the vape pipe. Now I am down to 3% nicotine in my vape pipe, and working up the nerve to go to 0%.

Vaping is less than half the cost of a pack a day habit.

SkintRider

God bless each and everyone here who has/tried to quit. Quit a three to four pack a day habit about 26 years ago. I totally agree that you have to quit for yourself. Got paranoid about running out of smokes at home, work, play, or any other time. Got up one morning coughing bad and spilt HOT coffee on me. Doctor saw me the same day and prescribed the mid-strength patched to start because of my heart. No cigarettes after one prescription or since. I finally got my fat but to 200lbs. now. Have had no chronic coughs since.