Api Tree Stands

SWAMPFOX

I thought it odd there were no API Tree Stands advertised in the Cabela's Fall Master catalog. Anyone else notice that?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Swampy,

I think Bass Pro may have bought them out if I heard correctly. If so, that would explain why Cabelas is not carrying them any longer.

I called the 1-800 number for API..

The lady said that Bass Pro was carrying them and that the stands are now made in China,she also said that the stands are TMA certified...

GABOWHUNTER

Api

It is True, Bass Pro bought them out and now the stands are made in China, you can see a difference in the make and notice the drop in the price from the cheap labor.

mpowell

bowhunter model

i bought an extreme bowhunter this weekend and it is made a little differently than my other API i've had for four years. it's going to have to grow on me some.

the first thing i did when i took it out of the box was take the huge, honking "made in china" sticker off of it. i can see it now--there's some chinaman climbed up a bambo shoot sitting in a knock-off version he got for pennies on the dollar hunting panda bears!

i also took off all the warning stickers that were in FRENCH. what's up with that? i'm sure they market to canadians but that's ridiculous. maybe i should get john kerry to translate it for me!

anyway, after climbing it i'm satisfied. the seat is similar to the seat on the summit viper i used to have. the bottom section has platform rails that are wider than my older summit and it has raised edges for traction instead of the sandpaper like traction strips. i like the strips better myself. for $179 on sale, i'm not complaining too much.

tenfootall

The API Bass Pro deal actually took place before the 2003 season. If you bought one last year you probably got a Chinaman made stand unless you were one of the lucky ones that got a USA made that was still in stock.

SWAMPFOX

Back in late July I was in an outdoor shop in Valdosta and saw one in the box with the made-in-China sticker on it. Now I understand.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the idea of my tree stands being made in the U.S. I saw a segment on Sixty Minutes some months back about how the Chinese make counterfit US goods and I found it disturbing since they could care less about safety when it comes to making a bogus product. That's another reason why I alway wear a safety belt (that's also American made.)