Thermacell/Headache ?

Kdog

Does anyone else get a headache when using the Thermacell? I have noticed this a few times, but on Wednesday, the smoke kept coming up in my face and I got a bad headache. It subcided shortly after I left though.

Kdog

H

HT2

Kevin......

I've never placed mine to where it's close enough to me to smell the smoke that comes off of it........

I usually lay it down on a limb close by or put it on the back side of mine climber......

I've seen the smoke but have never had it come in my face....... ::huh: ::huh:

Kdog

Tim, I may need to locate mine elsewhere. ::huh: I don't turn mine on until I am in the tree, and then I strap it to the rail that goes around in front of me on my API. That way it is within reach, and I can turn it off and on as needed.

Kdog

Randy

Why are you snorting it. Place it down wind!

Kdog

Randy, I am just trying to get the rest of my hair to fall out so I can look more like you! :speechles :speechles :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kdog

QuakerBoy

yer not supposed to use it inside...manybe it's carbon Monoxide poisoning :whip: ;)

Kdog

Guy's, I know I do some stupid things, but you don't have to rub it in. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kdog

SGaither

Kdog

I have an API Grand Slam Supreme and I strap mine on the foot portion, near the area that is close to the tree so it will not interfere with my foot position. I turn in on before I start climbing and by the time I'm set up and comfortable there are no bugs. I have noticed that while climbing small pieces of bark fall into the grill area, not sure if this is bad or not but I have realized when wood in on that thing it tends to smoke more than normal.

sgaither

mpowell

sgaither,

i place mine the same place but i don't put it there till i'm up and settled so bark doesn't fall in it. every once and awhile i'll see just a little of the smoke from it.

as far as ever getting a headache, i've never experienced that. i would guess if you have it too close and inhale the fumes for awhile it could affect you.

i checked the thermacell web site and it didn't have any specifics on the toxicity of the smoke and looked it up and down even the FAQ part.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
i checked the thermacell web site and it didn't have any specifics on the toxicity of the smoke
..................Same here.. I try my best to put it where the wind will blow it away from me..

DaddyPaul

I have been getting bad headaches this archery season as well. Of course mine has been from the incessant (sp) buzzing of all the @#$&*^! mosquitoes buzzing around. I have never had a situation where the Thermacell didn't work before. Brother let me tell you it is barely keeping them at bay. They are in a word..........Turible! Skeeters that is, I like my Thermacell.

Kdog

Well, sounds like it is just me and my placement of the unit. I will work on that and hope to eliminate the problem.

Kdog