Despicable Dog Hunters

Uptonongood

Robert Ruark's book The Old Man and the Boy gave the finest description of deer hunting with hounds ever written. It is an old Southern tradition that must be protected and cherished. Believe me, the bunny-huggers have it on their list.

No, I've never hound hunted for anything but I support the heck out of it if done legally nd ethiclly.

"Knock him out, John!"

trophyslayer

Hey trophy , I was a little quick to pile on ya......you will have to forgive me , I am very quick to defend dog hunting ....Most of they guys I know who own dogs look after them like children...we dont agree with any of the cases you described....We have go to great lengths to manage our dogs and keep them on our property , while allowing our members the most opportunities to kill a deer.....They ways of the past have gone and we embrace that and have changed our methods to prolong the end of the way we like to hunt deer.....and if you stay in touch I would like you to be my guest one day at the WCHC ( Duckroost ) and I will give you a view into our sport

I appreciate the kindness and will man up and say I got too defensive as well. If my schedule permits I would like to take you up on the offer. My wife and I are getting ready to break ground on our new home though and I dont yet know what that is going to do to my season this year.

riverbank

I hunt with dogs. I have seen good and bad in people i have came across in the dog hunting world. Also before i began hunting with dogs, i hunted without them. I have also seen a lot of unethical, bad hunters doing it that way as well. All hunters need toband together and protect this love that we all share as sportsman. Weather you dog hunt or strictly stand hunt, it's still hunting. It needs to be treated and protected as our right. There are people who want to put an end to it as we speak. We all need to stay United and have a mutual respect for one another. It's like someone else said. There's bad in all ways of hunting. But just because Joe blow decided to spotlight a deer from a field don't mean I'm going to feel the same way about everybody that hunts deer with a rifle. And just because what's his face turned his dogs loose on private land he didn't have permission for don't mean everybody does it.