Rubs

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Here are some pics of some rubs we found on our jasper county lease, they are pretty decent size and 1 huge one. Hopefully one of use will get to put a big un' on the ground.

DSGB

::huh: No pics. ::huh:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
::huh: Lets see; I can imagine rubs the size of my thigh, Wait; that is colorado elk rubs. :D

duke13

AAAHHH!!! Pics? ::huh: What pics? :rolleyes:

I saw a nice rub yesterday(since this is about rubs) it was a small pine about 1 1/2 inches in diameter that a buck just thrashed. there was no bark on it and he slap tore off the top half off the tree and slung it about 10 feet. Sap was still running when i saw it. :bounce:

I think I know where i'll be next weekend!

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Im having trouble postin pics gimme a few mins

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
here they are, the 1 on the little pine was still oozing sap!

Attachments

• redo1.JPG
    redo1.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 164
  • redo4.JPG
    redo4.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 145
  • redo2.JPG
    redo2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 133
  • redo3.JPG
    redo3.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 135
  • redo5.JPG
    redo5.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 129
  • redo6.JPG
    redo6.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 132

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
That one rub looks like's a very mature buck made it. The woods look pretty open so I wouldn't think it would be a sign post rub. I'm no expert though!! I'd be excited if I were you!!!

Tommy

Dean

the 3rd pic down redo2

is the real deal......... and not a cedar tree either. The other rubs are pretty good too, but the big hardwood tree shakes me up! Hope you get a look at that buck.

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
The big rub was found on the edge of a 4 year old clearcut which is what you see in the backround. There was a scrape right in front of the rub but its hard to see in the pic. I'd be hunting real close to it if it wasnt for another member already having a stand 10 ft away. Maybe i'll catch him somewhere else during the rut!