Something eat my turkeys

bucktail

So I need some help figuring out what got my two turkey hens. They're full grown. It happened two days ago between 8 pm and 11 am the next morning. They were both nesting in a hedge row about 15 feet apart. There are no bodies that I can find. Just feathers and one heart. One nest had its eggs eaten. The other nest's eggs were intact. I also found a pile of feather about 75 yards from the first kill site. There is an old donkey and horse in the barnyard along with 15 chickens in their coop and 4 other turkeys also in their coop.

I really don't think its a yote. I'm leaning towards a fox cause of the eggs being eaten, but not sure. About a year ago I had a coon eat a duck's head and neck but left the body (that one got himself caught the next time) so I don't think its a coon.

Anyway, what do y'all think is the culprit by the pictures?

Attachments

• 20180416_190837.jpg
    20180416_190837.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Egg.jpg
    Egg.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 20180416_191035.jpg
    20180416_191035.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 284

bucktail

Thanks! What I was thinking. I just figured a yote would just crush the egg not open it and lick it out.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Could have been any number of predators that killed them, but that egg looks like a crow got a hold to it.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Not sure a fox could kill a turkey hen. My chickens look big in a fox mouth. I think it would take a bobcat or coyote s. Maybe a pair of them or more.

bucktail

I covered the ground between the first and second kill site. There is not a single feather or drag mark; or track for that matter.