Looking for a Hunt...

one_shot_no_mor

I am looking for recommendations on a guided hunt or a blind to rent (with transportation to and from the blind) somewhere in the flyway within a 10 hour drive of NE Georgia.::;
Right now, it's just me, a buddy, and my dog...:rolleyes:
I'd be happy to join up with a couple more if it's a "four or more deal":yeah:
Not looking for a luxury "lodge" experience, just haven't shot anything but woodies for a couple of years and ready to see some big ducks cup up...:cheers::bounce:

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Go to Craigslist....little Rock Arkansas....Sporting...Type duck hunting in search..............go to the bank..........

one_shot_no_mor

Not happening...

Go to Craigslist....little Rock Arkansas....Sporting...Type duck hunting in search..............go to the bank..........
facepalm:
Not the kind of recommendation I looking for Dave, but THANKS!!!facepalm:::ke:
I'm looking for specific recommendations so I can AVOID getting ripped off while helping out good folk that have worked with GON members in the past...:flag::flag:
Good to hear from you though!!:yeah:

Gaducker

We are always looking for paying gun to go with us to the marshes of sela. Honest hard working god fearin non alcholic types are who were lookin for. Hard workin because if we get stuck you ARE gettin out and pushin dont matter if its knee deep or neck deep. We have an exucitive chef that plans and prepares all the meals but we usually eat like kings for 50 bucks a head for a week. We take two boats but if you know someone with a surface drive and yall are not afraid of the mighty mississippi in the dark and howling wind and fog you cant see tbe front of the boat in then this adventure might be for you. However the guys from ga have had multiple boats sink both at the docks and away from the docks so we in no way are responsible for you when you get down there if you bring your own boat.

one_shot_no_mor

We are always looking for paying gun to go with us to the marshes of sela. Honest hard working god fearin non alcholic types are who were lookin for. Hard workin because if we get stuck you ARE gettin out and pushin dont matter if its knee deep or neck deep. We have an exucitive chef that plans and prepares all the meals but we usually eat like kings for 50 bucks a head for a week. We take two boats but if you know someone with a surface drive and yall are not afraid of the mighty mississippi in the dark and howling wind and fog you cant see tbe front of the boat in then this adventure might be for you. However the guys from ga have had multiple boats sink both at the docks and away from the docks so we in no way are responsible for you when you get down there if you bring your own boat.
Sounds promising...:pop:
I am familiar with Felsenthal...
Do you usually stay a whole week?
I'm all for pulling my own weight, both financially and muck-rucking...:flag:
Just try to avoid...and NEVER repeat...getting taken advantage of...:banginghe
This sounds like a possibility for what I'm looking for!
Thanks!!

Gaducker

Sounds promising...:pop:
I am familiar with Felsenthal...
Do you usually stay a whole week?
I'm all for pulling my own weight, both financially and muck-rucking...:flag:
Just try to avoid...and NEVER repeat...getting taken advantage of...:banginghe
This sounds like a possibility for what I'm looking for!
Thanks!!

We have experimented with what we call inland hunting but we always end up back down in Venice because theres not near as many folks willing to take that ride in the boat in the dark. We have hunted as few as two days and we have stayed 10 days, just depends on which trip you go on. its 504 miles down there from our door steps.

one_shot_no_mor

We have experimented with what we call inland hunting but we always end up back down in Venice because theres not near as many folks willing to take that ride in the boat in the dark. We have hunted as few as two days and we have stayed 10 days, just depends on which trip you go on. its 504 miles down there from our door steps.
Felsenthal is actually in south Arkansas...right across the line from LA.:biggrin2:
It's mostly flooded timber during duck season. Been through some 4-wheeler trails in a boat, in the dark many times:cool::cool:
What kind of lodging arrangements do you guys usually have?

Gaducker

Felsenthal is actually in south Arkansas...right across the line from LA.:biggrin2:
It's mostly flooded timber during duck season. Been through some 4-wheeler trails in a boat, in the dark many times:cool::cool:
What kind of lodging arrangements do you guys usually have?

Rent a houseboat.

Gaducker

Well that means you go at the drop of the hat on any given timeframe???

OEB0630

Being May, it might be difficult to get the info you want. If you do want to pay an exorbitant amount of money, you can go online and book a guided hunt now....but that doesn't mean there are ducks there, at that time!

I make 5-6 runs per season to NE AR (9-hour drive pulling trailer) to chase ducks. Other than opening day, I cannot tell you what weeks I'll be hunting....too many variables that I cannot foresee (water, migration, etc.) Additionally, it all depends on when I am moving south from my chasing of grouse and upland fowl...

When closer to season, hit me up, and I may have an extra spot or two.

one_shot_no_mor

Thanks!

Being May, it might be difficult to get the info you want. If you do want to pay an exorbitant amount of money, you can go online and book a guided hunt now....but that doesn't mean there are ducks there, at that time!

I make 5-6 runs per season to NE AR (9-hour drive pulling trailer) to chase ducks. Other than opening day, I cannot tell you what weeks I'll be hunting....too many variables that I cannot foresee (water, migration, etc.) Additionally, it all depends on when I am moving south from my chasing of grouse and upland fowl...

When closer to season, hit me up, and I may have an extra spot or two.
Will do!!:fine:

casey0802

I live in Dacula... I just bought a lab and will be sending him for training in june... I'm always looking for someone to hunt with or a place to hunt. I good for a weekend hunt anywhere.
Brian
912-977-3510

one_shot_no_mor

Thanks!

I live in Dacula... I just bought a lab and will be sending him for training in june... I'm always looking for someone to hunt with or a place to hunt. I good for a weekend hunt anywhere.
Brian
912-977-3510

:clap::clap:
Don't be surprised if I give you a call this winter!!:cheers:
Oh, and be very careful when choosing a dog trainer...:bounce:
The best trainer for your dog may be YOU...:biggrin2: