marine personal property tax???????

Randy

You are correct but unfortunately we have waited too long. More than 51% of the people in this country are in some way depoendent on the gooberment.

Once that got the majority we will never be able to turn this around.

jimmystriton

we can still try for our kids sake......i remember my grandpa said you are not beat until you give up...i try to live by that......

Nautical Son

Jimmy, There is a page that asks you the value of the boat- now heres the tricky part---NO MATTER HOW NEW IT IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN 6300.00-----not taxed if the value of the BOAT (not MOTOR) is less than like 6500.00 or something like that, got that straight from the Hall County Tax Office after they nailed me for my sailboat which I paid 4000.00 for and they valued it at 14,000. I called and asked them when they were gonna cut me a check and pick-up the boat I was gonna sell them. Then proceded to refuse to pay the tax seeing as how I had a Bill of Sale and canceled check from the purchase. My marina sent them the information.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
No.

Cheney has nothing to do with Blackwater.
Name one other company that is able to do what Haliburton does in Iraq. I don't think any other company submitted a bid.

Wal Mart.:bounce:

Randy

Jimmy, There is a page that asks you the value of the boat- now heres the tricky part---NO MATTER HOW NEW IT IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN 6300.00-----not taxed if the value of the BOAT (not MOTOR) is less than like 6500.00 or something like that,

Can you confirm that? I would really like to know. My county says it is th value of the boat, motor and all accessories on the boat like it is minus the trailer.

My Mom actually was the tax accessor for our county and she says it in the boat motor and all accessories and if it is worth more than $1000.00 it is taxed.

jimmystriton

I talked to the state revenue dept. It is boat and motor without the trailer. Nything under 7500.00 is not taxable. Anything over is taxed...........

dslary

Can you confirm that? I would really like to know. My county says it is th value of the boat, motor and all accessories on the boat like it is minus the trailer.

My Mom actually was the tax accessor for our county and she says it in the boat motor and all accessories and if it is worth more than $1000.00 it is taxed.

I live in Gwinnett county and have a 12' Jon boat built in 1962 with a 5 HP Sears built in 1965. Value on the boat is max $300.00. This year a got a tax bill of $.50 for it. Can you believe the greed?

Randy

I talked to the state revenue dept. It is boat and motor without the trailer. Nything under 7500.00 is not taxable. Anything over is taxed...........

They actually told you 7500.00 and not 1000.00. The county owes me a lot of back tax money!!!:banginghe

bow_hunter125

looks like sooner or later everyone is going to be fishing out of jon boats like me! It's sad that it's coming to this. People can't get rewarded for their hard work they do to get their toys.

Luckybuck

Someone needs to explain to Cherokee County. I have a couple of wave runners for my son and grandaughters to ride on, valued under 3,000 each and they tax the **** on both of them.

robertyb

The Revenue Dept. is the State of Georgia. They do NOT collect property taxes. They will and do collect taxes on out of state vehicle purchases, mostly autos. and airplanes, on which taxes were not paid at the time of purchase.

Property taxes are collected by the County in which you live and/or own property. They do collect taxes on boats. The amount is figured on the cost of the boat and motor not including the trailer. You paid the tax on the trailer by buying a tag for it and that is where they got the original information to send you a questionaire about the boat from.

This is no different whatsoever than the tax you pay by purchasing your vehicle tags every year. You own it, it is taxable.

Do I like it? ************ NO.

I collected taxes for the Revenue Dept. for 34 years. I hate them. :) But I do know my taxes :)

CAL

An individual is exempt from personal property tax for 7500.00 period,not everything over 7500.00!After the 7500.00 exempt,everything else a person owns is taxed accordingly.The DNR reports to the county where a boat is located,not the marina!A boat is taxed in the county it is located for 184 days out of the year.

Chickenjohn42

im with ya bro! i just got notification on my "Luxury" tax......now i have to go take my 20ft luxury item and put 30 gal of gas in it and pay the 15 cent state tax on it plus the 18 cent fed tax on every gallon.....its crap if you ask me. atleast we dont have to pay a toll on the roads that lead to the lake......well, atleast i dont.
Don't give them ideas .:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:cry::cry:

stevetarget

i get this same form every year. all the values are blank. I could not remember how much i said the boat, motor, trailer and extras were worth the previous year so i would make something else up each year. Now I save a copy from the previous year and depreciate the heck out of it each year. In a few years they will owe me money.

Cypress94

I bought a Tracker brand new in 99, and Cobb Co. taxed it for 5 yrs, I just kept deducting 20% as the value of the boat. Never got another bill after it got under $4,000.

Last year, I bought a 10 yr. old boat, and while I paid $9,900, I traded the Tracker in on it. The dealer gave me $3500 off, so I paid him $6400. To this day, Jones County hasn't sent me a bill for taxes. My solution: just keep buying those old boats. That luxury tax is a joke!

I don't understand--if you own a camper with a toilet in it, you can DEDUCT it as a second home, but if you own a boat, they stick it to you??

jimmystriton

Rob you said you paid tax on the trailer when you register it...what about when you register the boat. And it is incorrect that the county does this. The county determines the mil amount the state revenue dept. is the ones responsible for ensuring the counties do this.... Anyway we can complain all day and it is not going to change. Those who make the rules dont always play by them...the ahrder you work the more toys you save and make sacrifices for the more they take......It does feel good to just vent for a bit. Glad you all feel the same way......see ya on the pond.

turtlebug

So is this the red and white form we got in the mail the other day from our Brooks County offices? We bought a Riverhawk in April of last year from a Woody's member and registered it, got the tag for the trailer and all and then we get this THING in the mail asking us the value and such.

Is this what ya'll are talking about cause we were kind of dumbfounded, never got anything like that before, be it motorcycle, boat, car.

Randy

So is this the red and white form we got in the mail the other day from our Brooks County offices? We bought a Riverhawk in April of last year from a Woody's member and registered it, got the tag for the trailer and all and then we get this THING in the mail asking us the value and such.

Is this what ya'll are talking about cause we were kind of dumbfounded, never got anything like that before, be it motorcycle, boat, car.

Yes. Welcome to the world of luxury taxes.

Randy

one thing to think about:

There are lots of fishermen that would love to able to afford a 20,000.00 boat like mine and the gas and the upkeep and would be gald to pay the tax if they could. Not saying I like to pay these taxes but I an thankful I can.