Dutch Oven Cooking group

dport7

I'd like to see something get going like that. Here's one of my dutch
oven cooks.
2q2lh6g.jpg

Pork roast, with pears and apples

Artfuldodger

That roast pork looks delicious. I've seen people use a harrow disc for a dutch oven cooking table. Weld three pipe couplings to the bottom for legs and weld on a couple of handles. Something to get the D.O. off the ground a bit.
This table could serve two purposes, the D.O. cooking table and a Discada/Wok fryer. You'd have to weld the center hole closed with a fender washer or other patch. You could remove the legs if placing the Discada on a fire grate. Maybe come up with a way to add a propane burner to the legs. Something like this although I don't think this is a harrow disc.

Attachments

• harrow disc.jpg
    harrow disc.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 986

dport7

^^^ Nice, that thing would be nice to cook in just as it is.
I've been lookin for a harrow disc for a long time, just haven't come across one yet.

bruceg

I'll watch this thread. Enjoy dutch oven cooking and outdoor cooking. It might be fun to set something informal up at a state park.

Bill Mc

I'm ready... well maybe after deer season.

Sweetwater Park might be a good place.

greg_n_clayton

I'll watch this thread. Enjoy dutch oven cooking and outdoor cooking. It might be fun to set something informal up at a state park.

I been watching. I would like to learn !!

Lukikus2

Had this hidden for over twelve years because seems cast iron grows legs. Finally think it has found a home so I'm ressurecting it. The #5 just needed some tlc.

First burn. No oil nothing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 543

Lukikus2

Seasoned with left over turkey frying grease and left to soak it up. You can still see the rust that is turning loose. This one was neglected for years before it found me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 523

Lukikus2

Final burn.
Can't decide on breakfast or Nic's chili to be the first?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 550

Dr. Strangelove

The International Dutch Oven Society doesn't list any chapters in Georgia although a few years ago there was the Flint River IDOS chapter.

http://idos.org/Chapters/Chapters.php

There were some D.O.G.'s a few years ago;

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=356086

My ex-wife being French, I guess I was a member of the International Dutch Oven Society myself. She never seemed to like it all that much, though. Always fought to get out from under the sheets.

bruceg

Good work on that Dutch Oven and frying pan. I'd love to find something old to use. Also like that fire pit. Looks like a good setup.