Lazaretto Creek

hlduke82

I am new to fishing on Tybee and put my boat in at Lazaretto creek. I have noticed it is very shallow in the portion of Lazaretto creek just north of an entrance to Oyster creek. I tried to find the deeper channel through that area, but have failed so far. Does anyone know which side east or west or even middle is best in that creek. Or should I just avoid Lazaretto at low tide?

Scallen

I have not been there. But, you can see a small channel on the aerial view on Bing maps. Looks like East side, right against the bank, but it is skinny. You should go take a look.

shotgunhales

its deeper closer to the left side of the bank passing oyster creek. Its best to go at dead low so you can see everything

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
its deeper closer to the left side of the bank passing oyster creek. Its best to go at dead low so you can see everything

Yes, best to go at low tide so you can learn the small channel and even chart it on your nav screen if you can that way you'll always have a checkered line to follow no matter the tide.
Another great way to pass at mid or high tides is to hang out and wait for and wave to someone who knows how to make the pass. Tell them you're new there and follow them through.
I like to enter from Lazzarretto port side of middle...the go middle, then go hug the left bank. Then turn 90 degrees starboard in the elbow, right up the middle then 95 degrees to port. keep it between the grass then enter back river port side of middle.
Yeah that's probly not gonna help.....I'd follow somebody or go at low fixin to be incoming tide.
Good luck!!!