What's the best????

Oldstick

I made that 1970 outdoor concert in Byron as well.

Best show was that fall 1970, at the Carolina coliseum allman bros opened for Johnny Winter. Absolutely fantastic.

Grand Funk Railroad rated right up there

My Dad in Law has plenty of wild stories from the Atlanta Pop Festival in Byron, too. He was the Coke (the soft drink that is) delivery driver in and out of the place all weekend. :rofl:

Saw Grand Funk opening for ZZ Top at the Omni one time, which was great, except for the acoustics.

Oldstick

Always wanted to see them, and never got to. One of my favorite bands of all time. I think Huey is dead now.

And for everyone's information. From what I have heard, if you get a chance to attend one of the Woody's outdoor gatherings, where NCHillbilly will be playing, it would be something you would never forget either. I hope to make it to one of these gatherings in the near future.

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
First concert I ever went to was Molly Hatchet at Six Flags Senior night 1982………There was a lot of ….cough…cough ……Smoke in the air!!:bounce:

Saw Hank Jr. at the Fox…. Was not impressed, and left before the show was over:(

Live Telecast of the Who at the Fox

The Who at Lakewood Ampitheater……….Couldn’t really see em on stage just the Jumbotrons…….Good show though........Lot of strange smelling smoke there too!!:bounce:

Alan Jackson put on a good show at the Fox!!...........The pretty ladies in the audience was the best part!!:biggrin2:

Had many a good time with Danny Shirley/ Confederate Railroad, and Travis Tritt at Miss Kitty’s Dance Hall in Marietta!!:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
First concert I ever went to was Molly Hatchet at Six Flags Senior night 1982………There was a lot of ….cough…cough ……Smoke in the air!!:bounce:

Saw Hank Jr. at the Fox…. Was not impressed, and left before the show was over:(

Live Telecast of the Who at the Fox

The Who at Lakewood Ampitheater……….Couldn’t really see em on stage just the Jumbotrons…….Good show though........Lot of strange smelling smoke there too!!:bounce:

Alan Jackson put on a good show at the Fox!!...........The pretty ladies in the audience was the best part!!:biggrin2:

Had many a good time with Danny Shirley/ Confederate Railroad, and Travis Tritt at Miss Kitty’s Dance Hall in Marietta!!:cheers:
The only time I saw Travis Tritt live, he started the show off in a memorable way. At the beginning of the concert, the band started playing "Put Some Drive In Your Country," the lights started coming up, lasers started shooting out, and the drum riser started rising up into the air. Travis came riding out from under the drum riser on a Harley, slid it sideways on stage, threw down the kickstand, jumped off, grabbed a guitar off a stand, and went running for the mic; when he promptly tripped over a monitor cord and fell down. :bounce: It was a good show, though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And for everyone's information. From what I have heard, if you get a chance to attend one of the Woody's outdoor gatherings, where NCHillbilly will be playing, it would be something you would never forget either. I hope to make it to one of these gatherings in the near future.

That's the truth, but it's because I'm a horrible singer. I sound like a cow with its tail hung in a gate. :)

Timberman

Stevie Ray Vaughn in fall 1983 at the UGA Student Center in Athens. Maybe 150 people there. 3rd row I was like 10 feet from him.

Steel Panther at The Tabernacle was a blast.

3ringer

The Partridge Family 1979

Meriwether Mike

Kansas at Alexander Memorial Coliseum, 1978 or 1979? Miss Kittys brings back some memories!:cool: