Home needed for pit bull - Cartersville

bassboy1

Home needed for pit bull. My parents found him in the middle of the road. They've already got 5 dogs, and my wife and I already have 2, so we really don't have the ability to keep him.

Local shelter says if we take him there, he'll be an immediate put-down. My folks won't stand for that, so they've been keeping him in their basement, and trying to find him a forever home.

Presumed to be less than a year old (he seems to be just barely learning to lift his leg - usually squats to pee). He's very friendly. He's still young and playful, so he'll need a person that understands the energy level and strength.

That said, once he gets his burst of energy out, he's very calm. Dad said he spent most of the afternoon cleaning out the basement, and most of the time the dog just sat there, and intently watched what he was doing (but thought chasing the push-broom was the best thing ever).

If you sit down on the floor, he thinks it's his job to flop down in your lap. He's not bothered by strangers.

We haven't had him around other dogs, but when they come nose to nose through the garage door, he seems very playful and interested. He loves kids.

Not currently neutered, but we are looking into some low cost neutering options.

Attachments

• A__0B27.jpg
    A__0B27.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 82
  • A__28F5.jpg
    A__28F5.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 82
  • A__62C0.jpg
    A__62C0.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 82
  • A__62C0_1.jpg
    A__62C0_1.jpg