**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot44

Banned
All hunting seasons for everything have always opened on Monday here. We only got to hunt on Sunday on private land here a couple years ago.

Yeah, I love the cold mornings for hunting, but I hate hunting when it's windy. Hardly ever see anything on windy days.

Stayed home after having Thanksgiving dinner back in '03 and had no plans to hunt that Friday because of the wind. Friday morning come around and I read an article on "Bad Weather Bucks" and got pumped up and left. Temp was in the 30's and the wind was gusting over 35. Killed my biggest buck to date that day. A big 10 with 11 inch tines.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Thermometer on front porch showing 30* here @ AMS.

StriperrHunterr

All hunting seasons for everything have always opened on Monday here. We only got to hunt on Sunday on private land here a couple years ago.

Yeah, I love the cold mornings for hunting, but I hate hunting when it's windy. Hardly ever see anything on windy days.

Tell me about it.

smokey30725

Was 25 on the porch at the house this morning yeyeyeye

Loving it! Neighbor looked at me like I was crazy when I walked out this morning in shorts and flip flops to start up the car and put my work stuff in the trunk. :rofl:

smokey30725

Local mets saying December looks to be colder than average. Discuss.................

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
There was a nice frot in the deer woods this morning.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
There was a nice frost in the deer woods by the house down here this morning.

Attachments

• frost1.jpg
    frost1.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 234

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
GFS saying a good cold shot end of next week. Would be nice to push some woodcock down before the opener. Thoughts?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
IF the GFS is correct, and I expect it to be trending on the colder side than actually will occur, expect several days in mid December where we actually won't get out of the 30's for several days in a row.

Better get that firewood stocked up now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.