best scent free repelent for chiggers

outdooradventures44

every time I head into the woods to scout, hang stands, cut lnes, whatever, if I do NOT spry down with repelent I get covered in chiggers and I hate'em. Anyone found a GOOD none scented repelant that works

Sterlo58

I have had a hard time finding it in stores recently but Permanone brand of permethrin is THE best thing for keeping the chiggers off of you and not having an odor. You treat your clothes only. not for skin. Spray it on clothes and let dry.
Usually found at Wal Mart, Sporting goods stores, Farm stores. Everybody sems to be out of it right now but you can Google it and order online.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Permanone. Period.

Bkeepr

Permanone your clothing. Then before you get dressed, apply bug repellent with the highest amount of DEET that you can find to your skin! Chiggers eat me up too. The newer formulations of Permanone are not as good as the old stuff.

_BuckMaster_

Tablespoon of vinegar the night before you plan going out.... And As Above!!!!!

Todd E

Search this forum for "apple cider vinegar" and read away.

Forget the sprays.......
Forget the odors.......

Swig and go hunt. No worries.

mtr3333

Banned
Search this forum for "apple cider vinegar" and read away.

Forget the sprays.......
Forget the odors.......

Swig and go hunt. No worries.

The trouble is those littles pests will get into your clothes, truck, and maybe the house for other people to get bites. The permanone will keep them out of your clothes from the start and you won't bring any home.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The trouble is those littles pests will get into your clothes, truck, and maybe the house for other people to get bites. The permanone will keep them out of your clothes from the start and you won't bring any home.

I`ve never had a problem with that. Not even in all the years I`ve been usin` this practice. Could be just lucky, I guess.

retiredkilla

I bought 2000.oo worth of cover scent, so silver plated , some gold plated, some buck scented, and some made you vanish none worked...39 percent deet getts em all...............may have to try some pickles though...

cramer

I'm a chigger magnet so I use the following until hnting season begins:
1) Pickle juice nite before & a swallow at camp
2) Flea and tick dog shampoo after regular shower ( legs, arms and waist line )
3) Deep Woods Off
4) Cold pickle at lunch break

When hunting season begins it's just pickle juice & pickles and a Thermacell for skeeters

Wish I had a cure for yellow jackets - I got tore up yesterday and I'm 'posed to be allergic to 'em:banginghe
My hand is swolt up

wranglerjoe1968

I was in Walmart today looking for Permanone and could not find the Repel with that on it. I got some and hope it works