cabelas at hwy 92 & I-75

Rabbit Hunter 101

I sure hope so. I've been hearing rumors for several years Cabela's is coming to Ga.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
One just announced for Augusta also along with the Bass Pro.

It's on channel 2 as well I like them both but cabelas is my favorite.. A bass pro in Emerson and a cabelas in acworth it can't get any better

BornToHuntAndFish

Heard it this morning from the property owner.

Appreciate the good news.

Here's the press release on 2 new Cabelas stores coming to Georgia in Acworth & Augusta at the web link below:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=177739&p=irol-news&nyo=0

Cabela's ---> About Us ---> Investor Relations

07/25/13 Cabela's® Announces Plans for Four New Stores

news.jpg

OR

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=177739&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1841050&highlight=

Cabela's® Announces Plans for Four New Stores

Two Stores to Open in Georgia; Others to open in Montana and Canada

SIDNEY, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 25, 2013-- Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), the World’s Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to bring the extraordinary Cabela’s retail experience to four new markets in 2014 – Acworth, Ga.; Augusta, Ga.; Missoula, Mont.; and Barrie, Ontario, Canada.

ACWORTH

Construction on the approximately 100,000-square-foot store is scheduled to begin this fall and Cabela’s plans to open the store in the fall of 2014. It will be located in the Cherokee Village development in the northeast quadrant of I-75 and Highway 92. Majestic Realty is developing the shopping center.

The Acworth store is expected to employ approximately 200 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees. Most will come from Acworth and the surrounding area.

The store will be built in Cabela’s next-generation layout, designed to surround customers in an outdoor-like experience with museum-quality wildlife displays. In addition to thousands of quality outdoor products, the store will include a large mountain replica, a Gun Library, Bargain Cave, Boat Shop, Indoor Archery Range, Deli and Fudge Shop.

The Acworth and Augusta stores are Cabela’s first and second in Georgia.

“We are thrilled to bring Cabela’s to a state with such a great outdoor tradition.� said Tommy Millner, Cabela’s Chief Executive Officer. “Georgia, especially the Acworth area, is full of sportsmen and women who share Cabela’s enthusiasm for outdoor recreation. It is time to serve their needs with an extraordinary Cabela’s store.�

AUGUSTA

Construction is scheduled to begin this summer and Cabela’s plans to open the store in the spring of 2014. The 42,000-square-foot Cabela’s Outpost store will be located on the south side of I-20 at Riverwatch Parkway in the Village at Riverwatch development. MGHerring is managing the development.

The store is expected to employ approximately 90 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees. Most will come from Augusta and the surrounding area.

Designed for efficiency, flexibility and convenience, Cabela's Outpost stores offer the same quality products and customer service for which Cabela's is famous. Cabela’s opened its first Cabela’s Outpost store in fall 2012 in Union Gap, Wash. In February, the company opened its second such location, in Saginaw, Mich.

The Augusta location will feature a Core-Flex floor plan allowing products to be rotated seasonally, as well as a rugged outdoor look and feel. It will include innovative digital signage and the same quality products and customer service for which Cabela's is famous.

“Cabela’s is very excited about our two Georgia locations,� Millner said. “Georgia is full of outdoorsmen and women who have supported our catalog and website for years. The Augusta Outpost store will be a great start to bringing Georgia the full Cabela’s retail experience.�

news.jpg

Last edited:

Offroadtek

I heard about the acworth store not long ago. A couple years ago the rumor was they were coming to cartersville. Glad it's atleast on this side of the state.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesome!:cool:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Sshhhweeet, i could walk to that one! I can hear it now, sir would you like to put this on your Cabelas car.....wy yes ... yes I would

deerbandit

I have a piece of land for sale across the hwy...maybe it will sell now!

Say bye bye to dicks sporting goods,too!

Is your property behind the Waffle House off Glad Road? The one I'm thinking of runs right down the interstate and is 20 acres I think.

jnorton

My wife just told me "no" when I told her....

By then end of next year, I'll have a Bass Pro, an Academy (Cartersville), and a Cabelas all within 30 minutes of my house.

Anybody else hearing 'Ode to Joy' playing loudly in their head. I'm gonna have to get a second job.

papachaz

It's on channel 2 as well I like them both but cabelas is my favorite.. A bass pro in Emerson and a cabelas in acworth it can't get any better

heck YEAH! I go past the Bass Pro location a lot, that's only 25 minutes from me, I'll be in serious trouble when they get both these finished, LOL

REB 73

My wife just told me "no" when I told her....

By then end of next year, I'll have a Bass Pro, an Academy (Cartersville), and a Cabelas all within 30 minutes of my house.

Anybody else hearing 'Ode to Joy' playing loudly in their head. I'm gonna have to get a second job.

Well looks like you could that job at cabelas. lol

albridges

I wish one these stores would make it down to South Ga. I will have to a make the trio to one of these Cabela's stores. I have always enjoyed their catalogs over Bass Pros.