tc encore vs. cva optima elite

SKINNERZ71

anyone here own or at least used both? i know everyone here is crazy about about encores. any good or bad about the cva?

CAL

I have both and I am presently working up a load for the CVA.I like the CVA at this point but haven't found the magic load for it as yet.My Encore is 204 and the CVA is 223.

jmharris23

I have the Optima Elite in .308 and love it! I guess there are not as many bells and whistles as far as looks are concerned. But you have the ability to switch barrels for about 1/2 the price of the encore. The bergarra barrels are top grade. Had for over two years with no problems. Good gun IMO

The CVA is a cheap version of the TC. It works just as good in my opinion. I do not have a rifle barrel for mine, just a front stuffer barrel...but it shoots wonderful at 100 yards with only 100 grains of triple 7.

Attachments

• 50cal.jpg
    50cal.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 17,116

pikehunter

I'd go with the CVA in a minute over the encore due to price alone and from what I understand, CVA has good customer support should something happen. I believe that Knight has also introduced a line of interchangeable barrel guns. I don't personally own either but my hunting buddy (JM) has had great service out of his CVA over the last couple of seasons.

jai bo

My 1st smoke pole was an inline CVA, the kit costs was about 250.00 and I killed a few deer w/ it...but as i got older and could spare the change, I bought the Pro-Hunter smoke pole. I also liked the versatality of switching the barrels (endless possibilities). Right now, I am in the process of buying a 7-08 pistol barrel fer it so instead of a 4 weapon grand slam next year, I can get a 5 weapon season. Not to mention, if you are hunting close quarters a pistol will be easier to manuver w/ out being busted...

To summarize: It all depends on your purpose and income...

mhayes

Go look and fell both at a gun shop. The CVA is cheaper, I have one in just a ML. The pistol grip is a little thiner and the trigger sits at an angle. The thinner fits smaller hands better, but the trigger was at an uncomfortable position for me. I traded for a TC, and love it. The ballance is a little better in the tc also. If You can afford it, The best buy for accuracy out of the box and holding value is the TC. Just looking for a gun to change barrles on and have a gun for all seasons for the best price out the door go for the CVA. That's my
$.02.

gcaskew

I am in the same boat

I just bought my wife some jewerly on our 25th aniversary cruise so now it is daddy time and I am getting a new rifle and it's going to be one of these two.

I had a TC renegade for close to 20 years till the bore shot out and it wouldn't group inside a hub cap at 100 yards..lol So I love TC, but the price is twice what the Elite is.

I can get the Elite and trick out two barrels with scopes, both the .50 cal and the 30-06 for less than $1000 and that is a great deal.

Unless you guys have some real knocks on the Elite I may just go that way.

Thanks for the info and please keep it coming.

Carlton

Craig Knight

Never owned a CVA but have had a TC Encore. For the price I would buy a CVA They have Bergara (sp) barrels and from what I have been told are as accurate or more so than the TC's. My Encore was okay accurate but nothing special. My Savage rifles cost about half or less and would out shoot the Encore anytime of the day.

Never owned a CVA but have had a TC Encore. For the price I would buy a CVA They have Bergara (sp) barrels and from what I have been told are as accurate or more so than the TC's. My Encore was okay accurate but nothing special. My Savage rifles cost about half or less and would out shoot the Encore anytime of the day.

I love this post.

Everyone and their brother loves the TC Encore rifles and i do not. While they do have the greatest selection of calibers, they are way overpriced. I will buy more CVA Elite barrels for half as less before dumping my money into an Encore. Fools and money soon part.

Marlin_444

TC Encore - VS - CVA Optima Elite

I have owned and shot both... Main difference is Price...

T/C = Cadillac Escalade

- High Dollar, Great shooters, bells & whistles and Good Quality

CVA = Toyota Corolla

- Low Cost, Great shooters, standard options and Good Quality

It is after all about status, right :)rolleyes:)...

My .02, thanks for asking!

Ron

sharpeblades

I also own and shoot them both, ime with 444 i like them both,When it come time to sell either is where the big difference will come in .