Spyware

teethdoc

Anybody got a rec. on a free spyware and adaware removing software? My pc is slow as opening day (wait, that's tomorrow). Seriously though, thanks for the help

Snakeman

Do an internet search for Spybot S&D.

It's a good program, and it's free.

The Snakeman

Keith48

I ran Ad Aware SE and continued to have problems. I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it did not get them all either. I ran into this program called Webroot Spy Searcher. It caught 14 spywares progs I had that the others had missed only minutes before. It is FREE and not only does it scan your system, but it works like Norton Antivirus in that it stays running and constantly monitoring. Since I ran it the first time, it caught another spyware trying to install before it got on my system. My system is running like new again. It is free to download the program and definitions. To keep the definitions updated ongoing costs like $30, but is definitely worth it for what it has done for me already!

http://www.download.com/3000-8022-10192729.html

CAL

teeth,
My computer got so slow I could go get a drink of water and come back.After much looking,fumbling,having fits,etc.I made some phone calls.I was told by Microsoft to make sure there were no more than 5 icons of programs visible in the lower right corner.Well,I had 8 and I cut it down to the bare minimum of 3.This helped mine the most.I also downloaded Lavasoft Adware,a free program and it helped also.
Good luck with yours!

L

loouuii

SpyBot & Popup Killer

Both do the job for me. I try to run spybot once a week. Popup killer stays on :type:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Welcome to your own personalized Internet.
· Search from anywhere on the Web
· Enjoy hassle-free surfing with Pop-Up Blocker and Anti-Spy
· Customize and access your Toolbar from any PC

I just received an e-mail on the above offer for an Yahoo tool bar, has anyone used this one yet???, comments.

I currently use the google toolbar and it seems to do fine??

leo

L

loouuii

I currently use the google toolbar and it seems to do fine??

leo[/QUOTE]

Next time on Google try double clicking the blank box where you would normally enter the search topic.

You can get rid of all of them by highliting and then hit your delete button :banginghe

Mrbowdeadly

Go to download.com and download anything you want from pop up blockers to ad removal software, games, everything. Most all of it is free.

Hope that helps,
MBD

Handgunner

What exactly is "spyware"? What does it do? And about the pop-ups? How do you stop it? I've clicked on the "pop up blocker" and it's on -- says it stopped 64... but I'm still getting plenty!

Ga-Spur

Delton Are you with BellSouth? Knock on wood we hardly ever get any.Bellsouth claim they catch a lot of pop-ups.

Last edited:

Handgunner

Ga-Spur,

Nope, I'm with surf-vidalia.net, a small town internet provider.

Here's the stats on the Spyware that Keith recommended.

Spyware found - 50
Traces - 328
Ignored - 28
Quarantined - 300
Removed - 300

Now tell me. Is this good or bad? ::huh: