New To GA

USMC1197

Hey Guys
I am originally from Maine. There I have 20 plus places to hunt just moved here in October. Now have zero extremely new to the hunting public land thing. I live in Peachtree Corners so any help with places to hunt near me or around me would be helpful!

Thanks,
USMC1197

Horns

Welcome. And thanks for your service! Some of these guys on here can help you with public land. Oconee National Forest or Redlands WMA are options. Also look in the hunt club section. Some clubs still need members.

95g atl

Welcome.
My 2 cents if join a good club.
Public land tends to get crowded in many areas.

pine floor

Private Deer hunt in Dawson county FREE!!

Pm sent. At least can get you rolling with some private ground and some good food and great people. As always, Thannks For Your Service. WE Appreciate it..

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Unlike Maine, we have six species of venomous snakes that will put a hurtin on you. So learn them and their variations in color / patterns and keep your eyes peeled.

If you are a bone hunter then try to get in a club near Marshallville and points south. Big rack genetics down that way, but also big snakes, a few gators and lots of pigs.

There is lots of good public land to hunt in Georgia also, but it takes tons of scouting and willingness to walk for miles to get into territory most aren't willing to make the trek for.

Stay safe and enjoy the outdoors. Good luck this season.

95g atl

^^^ good info.
And in case you haven't figured it out, it is hot as !!!!! Here in GA. And we have a plethora of mosquito variations and something Maine may not have --- CHIGGERS. These little guys can put a hurting on you with mad itching. Buy spray is your friend and LOTS of it.

Where abouts in Maine are you coming from? I've hunted Maine several times from the early '80s to this past September. I've always enjoyed it! From Sebec Lake to Moosehead Lake to Bethel to the Masardis area. All nice!

Thanks for your dedicated service from an old retired Army pilot.

Scootch

Welcome to GA USMC1197. I moved here from the People's Republic of New York over half-my-life ago. Never hunted deer until I started about 10 or so years ago by signing up for quota hunts.

The deadline for Deer Quota Hunts is coming up fast (Aug-30) so if you are interested, you need to sign up now. If you'd like some WMA advice, I'd be happy to share my experiences with you. Every time I've gone to one I have camped by myself, but I never felt alone. Every Georgia WMA hunter I've met has been great people to me.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Welcome to the Campfire and thank you for your service to our Country.

12 Ring

Hey USMC I am from Mass. and moved down here after I retired from the state. I spent 23 years on active Naval service before that. I still have property in Stow Me. which is next to Fryberg and Lovell. I live in Newnan Ga. finding private hunting land down here is tough nothing like up north where if it's not posted you can hunt. They don't have to post their land down here but you have to have permission from the land owner. Public land is OK but the rules for those of us with out private is like being a red headed step child. More strict doe days if any, and most are draw hunt for 2 days a year only. good luck and PM me if I can be of help....

Water Swat

^^^ good info.
And in case you haven't figured it out, it is hot as !!!!! Here in GA. And we have a plethora of mosquito variations and something Maine may not have --- CHIGGERS. These little guys can put a hurting on you with mad itching. Buy spray is your friend and LOTS of it.

Anyone from Maine won't be phased with even the worst skeeters in Georgia. Never in my life seen anything that rivals Maine biting bugs. And that's after spending the first half of my life in southwest Florida in a swamp.