Polaris 90cc Outlaw ATV

FOLES55

Need advice on where to start? I have a 90cc Polaris ATV that's been sitting up for about a year and garage kept. Where do I start, Battery is charging and will respond when trying to crank, but doesn't want to fire up. Do I need to dump old gas, fluids or what to get this thing going for my little girl? Thanks in advance guys.

660griz

Full battery charge, change all fluids.
Take the carb off, take it apart, if you can, and soak in carb cleaner over night(make sure the O-rings are out). Check fuel hoses and filters for cracks and general health. New spark plug wouldn't hurt. Put everything back together and it should start. Especially if you are getting a spark now.

rjcruiser

I wouldn't worry about changing oil...but it wouldn't hurt if you don't know when you last changed it.

Probably bad gas and a plugged jet on the carb...so, like griz said, clean the carb out. Also, usually I find that just spraying carb cleaner through the jets and then compressed air will be sufficient. Carb dip is great, but usually, not necessary unless it is gunked up pretty bad.