Boat question

jmsharp167

Have an 89 Grumman with a 40 horse evinrude on it that working fine. My tilt and trim went out so I replaced the fluid and it worked until on the water when I. Prices was leaking from up too. Could this just be an o ring or is it something that needs servicing? That being said who should I take it to near cartersville for good work and fair pricing? Also if I decide not to go that route and am in the market for a new or used boat, where best places in north west ga? Thanks

jmsharp167

Sorry phone has a mind of its own, will work in drive way but has leaked out and won't get on full plane once on water. Seems to be leaking from top near the top of the reservoir where the rod comes out.

GoldDot40

Are you sure it's due to being low on fluid or could it be the relay? Should have 2...one for up and one for down.

BriarPatch99

If it is leaking from around the lift rod ...there is an oil oring seal kit that contains all the parts needed to repair that ...

You will have to remove the rod and piston ... You will have to remove the piston gland and do the repair ... depending on the exact model there may also be a oring that should be replaced anytime you remove the gland ...