15hp GAMEFISHER help

Burger74

I have a 89 GAMEFISHER 15 hp I bought from a neighbor that is giving me problems. I can get it to start after several pulls, but it will rough idle for a few seconds then rev up and die (all without moving the throttle). After this it will not want to start again for a while. I have had the carb off torn down and soaked in carb can over night and put back together with new kit.

When I first got the motor it was starting fine, good low idle, good top end power, had it on the boat for two weekends running it for all of probably combined 45 mins to an hour. Every time i would shut it off it would get harder to start. So rebuild carb and now this...

Help please i dont want this to be a waste of $400:banginghe

Thanks

little rascal

2 strokes

When a 2 stroke runs out of fuel they increase in rpm just before they die. Like when you run the gas out of chainsaws, weedeaters, etc. for storage. Be careful about running it out of fuel too much because the lubrication is in the fuel/oil mix. When its revving with no fuel, theres no lube either.
If you have a primer bulb on your fuel line, next time you get it started and as it starts to rev and die, squeeze the primer bulb a few times. If you can keep it running with the bulb you probably need a fuel pump. Also if you have a vented fuel tank, make sure the vent is open. A closed vent will make an engine die.

Redbow

If the motor has a fuel filter on it change it out..They can get clogged up after long use..Check the float setting in the carb, it might be too low..

Last edited: