I have a question ???

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If u found a hen ran over in the highway with quail size poults what would u do ? Thanks

BOB_HARWELL

Legally there is nothing you can do. If another hen comes along, they will follow her.

Bob

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
U know the hens don't run off fast with poults so it's easier for them to get ran over. They try to lure predators away.
Guess I would try to catch them and raise them for a few month then turn it loose in the yard. We live in the woods and have wild turkeys there. Hope it would take up with them.
Not sure how to raise one. Heard it's hard.

Johnny 71

Junebug
U know the hens don't run off fast with poults so it's easier for them to get ran over. They try to lure predators away.
Guess I would try to catch them and raise them for a few month then turn it loose in the yard. We live in the woods and have wild turkeys there. Hope it would take up with them.
Not sure how to raise one. Heard it's hard.

This is illegal ^^^

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
This is illegal ^^^

So. Like let it run off and die.
It's illegal to keep yahoos from catching ones with mothers that stand a chance.
So they made it all illegal to protect idgets from saying they got them from a dead momma.
Like I would get on here and say I got poults.... It's what's for supper. Lols.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Mustang. Got a ring to it. That's a wild critter.

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If a baby dove fell out of a nest. Is that illegal to raise and turn loose. Just a question.

Big7

The Oracle
Call DNR and they will find them a home.