Tom teaser or Brossie call bags

labsnducks

Now that season is over did anyone use either this season?
Pros and cons of them? Looking for a lighter option than a vest for next season.

Omega

I use the tom teaser. It's much lighter and not nearly as hot as wearing a vest. Takes just a sec to toss beside me and lay open. My only complaint with it is the clips click as the plastic bounces on each other if I don't clip them together. Haven t looked at the new models to see if they've changed the design, but that's my only complaint

DRBugman85

2 year's with a Tom Teaser,love it's and holds everything I need.I added pads on the straps so it's nonslip and comfortable to carry on my shoulder.:flag:

goblr77

I didn't like the Tom Teaser sack. It has zero structure. It's easier just to use a $10 camo waist pack and go light when the weather gets hot.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Used the Tom Teaser Quick Sack this season and loved it. Not going back to a hot vest anytime soon.

nick_o_demus

I used the tom teasers. It got the job done, but the pockets for your pot calls are sewn directly to the bag with no extra depth. They slide in and out very easy as long as you have nothing bulky in the adjacent inside pockets. I also agree with the plastic clips bouncing and smacking together can get quite annoying.

Esau

I use a Tom Teaser bag and I like it a lot.

Bubba_1122

I used a Tom Teaser bag this year. Little too lightweight for me. Also lost stuff because it fell out of what I felt was a poorly designed latch system. Don't expect to go back to it unless can modify it a bit.

I also don't want to go back to a vest.

Will either make the Teaser work better or get someone to make me a new similar one that's out of sturdier material and with a wider/sturdier strap (bag of canvas instead of soft cloth).

Last edited:

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Somewhere in an undisclosed location, stuck in the middle of a miserable ti-ti bay is a bag of unknown make with a striker, a spray bottle of 100% Deet, a pair of shears and a Thermacel. I carried the bag because last year I lost a Thermacel out of my pant's cargo pocket. This was the first trip with it. I am a minimalist, won't wear a vest, and decided to carry the bag. I usually don't carry shears, but as I had a bag, why not? I was in the grip of cat briers and ti-ti holding onto the bag and my ghillie suit top in one hand. I had to wear the top as a hat as I lost the hat earlier that day. (My hair is florescent white) The bag must have slipped my grip when I was in the bay. If you find, keep it. I'm done with bags. I should have had a first aid kit in the bag because whoever finds it will need it for cuts. I was on the way to a bird and this was the only way to him. Gil