Spring 2017

brittonl

Like usual, its hard to believe another spring season has slipped in and got out so quick. There is no doubt that the Lord blessed me this season with safe travels and hunts and a tremendous amount of memories. Every year I am thankful to spend time with and pour into my own children & others and I hope one day as their looking back, they will remember just a handful of the lessons learned and memories made and encourage them to pass along the same tradition. Its really hard to express just how much was received behind the scenes of these few pictures. I hope you enjoy and were able to take away from this spring season as much as my family and I did.

We kicked off this spring season with a trip to Florida on a public youth hunt chasing Osceola's for the first time ever. My oldest son connected on the last day an hour before we were to hit the road home. My spring season could have ended right there and I would have been okay.

Next we came home for the GA youth opener and was able to get my nephew on his first bird ever. From there we started the grind and I took the better part of a week off work and hit FL solo on some public ground trying for my own Osceola and got my tail kicked ... Ill leave it at that. Next we head north out of state with the kids and pick back up on a public youth hunt where my nephew and I found his second bird for the season. My oldest son also had a devastating miss on a nice bird the last morning that he shrugged off on the ride home. I found myself a couple of nice GA birds from there and then covering lots of miles and different places trying to find a willing tom to finish it up, it was tough to say the least. A couple of weeks to go and I manage to pull off a tough swing & a miss of my own. Regardless a memorable season to be thankful for and look forward to the next sunrise followed by that sweet spring music. :flag:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 1.2.JPG
    1.2.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    604.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 10.PNG
    10.PNG
    489.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

NorthGaHunter

Great pics and obviously plenty of memories to relive come those cold winter mornings anxiously waiting on that next opening day!

brittonl

Thank you all gentlemen, the kind replies are certainly appreciated. If only these Spring Monarchs knew just how much they afforded us all as Turkey Hunters. My respect for the Wild Turkey grows deeper almost daily, even during the months I'm not acting like a crazed wild man.

Bubba_1122

That's as good a layout of pics as I've seen.

Relationships are established and grow through shared experiences.

Awesome that you're spreading it through the generations.

Congrats!

wvdawg

Staff member
Congrats to you all for a fantastic season. Thanks for sharing the memories with everyone!