Vein treatments...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Anybody else have this done? They started on the right leg last week, the day after I came in from St. Marks.
Got ahold of the left leg today. Second treatment on left leg wednesday. They kill the main outside veins from the ankle to the groin by inserting a catheter in the vein at the ankle and running it up to the groin. After it is in place, the catheter tip heats up and cauterizes the vein as it is removed. The blood flow is naturally rerouted to Interior veins, which increases the blood flow in the legs and reduces chance of heart disease.
Not the most comfortable thing to deal with during and for a day or two afterward. But not the end of the world.
Not looking forward to fishing in compression socks for the next few weeks but got to give it a try!

Attachments

• 3433.jpeg
    3433.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 167

snookdoctor

Not the sexiest garment in the world, but it beats the romper.:D

Hope you heal up fast.

Cmp1

BANNED
Wow,,,, hope you get feelin better and can get on the water soon,,,, How long are you wrapped for?

1eyefishing

Fresh bandage on one leg and the compression sock I have to wear for several weeks on both legs following the procedures.
Yee-haa...

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize (4).jpg
    ezgif.com-resize (4).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 165

1eyefishing

Wow,,,, hope you get feelin better and can get on the water soon,,,, How long are you wrapped for?

On the water soon! Socks or no socks!
Got to get back to St. Marks ASAP...
Cheap rent and good fishing too much to pass up!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Interesting treatment, what qualified you for it if you don't mind me asking?

1eyefishing

Bulging varicose veins in my right leg and minor swelling in my right ankle. They did some ultrasound tests and found that my blood was taking about 5 to 10 times longer than normal to return from my foot to my heart.
Full round of all possible treatments cost about $20,000, so my 20% out of pocket will be about 4,000. May be able to get by with half the treatments, 4 treatments in 2 weeks, instead of 8 treatments in four weeks, thereby significantly reducing the cost, but they don't know if I need the later treatments until they see the results from the first two weeks worth...

Big Foot

Dang man! Glad you caught this and will be back fishing soon

1eyefishing

Thanks snookdoc and bigfoot. Lithotripsy (twice), shoulder surgery, quadruple hernia surgery, now this. All in the last few years. Preparation for the next 20 years worth of fishing!
No stopping me now...::;

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Bulging varicose veins in my right leg and minor swelling in my right ankle. They did some ultrasound tests and found that my blood was taking about 5 to 10 times longer than normal to return from my foot to my heart.
Full round of all possible treatments cost about $20,000, so my 20% out of pocket will be about 4,000. May be able to get by with half the treatments, 4 treatments in 2 weeks, instead of 8 treatments in four weeks, thereby significantly reducing the cost, but they don't know if I need the later treatments until they see the results from the first two weeks worth...

Gotcha thanks 1eye.

The reason I asked because I'm seeing slight signs of it on my legs, nothing very noticeble at this time, but I see it.

Also, I just recently had the abdominal down to both ankles ultrasound test and they told me all was well.

I hope you have favorable results.

Cobra

Thanks snookdoc and bigfoot. Lithotripsy (twice), shoulder surgery, quadruple hernia surgery, now this. All in the last few years. Preparation for the next 20 years worth of fishing!
No stopping me now...::;

Man you been busy. Just proof you can't keep a good man down. Now put on the sun screen and go fishing.