Blue Ridge Walleye

jerdog101

Been catching some nice Walleye on Blue Ridge...May and June are the best months....Caught him in 33ft. of water.
Water is warming up fast and fish are getting deep!

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 9.00.59 AM.jpg

jeremyledford

That's awesome! Let us know if you catch any smallies. Seems like they've almost disappeared. Haven't caught one this year. Caught twice as many walleyes fishing for bass than I have smallies. That's pitiful.

Coenen

What are you doing? Dipsy's and Riggers, or something else? You don't have to tell if it's secret squirrel stuff.

jerdog101

May and June are my best month's trolling for them...this one came down 33' in 150ft. of water. :) He hit a gold spoon on a dipsey. No smallies yet this year.

sjrwinder

I havn't caught walleyes in over thirty years. Where are some boat ramps I could put in at without alot of trouble? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks

jeremyledford

Hope I don't derail the thread... but There's only two on blue ridge. At the marina and across the dam from the marina on boat ramp rd. Marina is $10 and the other is $5. Never had a problem with either.
Not sure of how much you have walleye fished so don't take me wrong. Don't mean to offend. Walleye are a tough fish in Ga and 95% of us catch them by accident. If you know how to target them they're still tough but some fellas (like the op) are very good at what they do. Trolling is not something I'm setup for and finding them on side scan and actually catching them is freaking difficult in my few attempts.

sjrwinder

Thanks I use to fish for them all time in Wis. since a was knee high. that was a long time ago before electronics and all the witch a ma jigs. Just want to go have some fun.

The mtn man

The best way to catch them is at night on lights

Good advice, we use to catch them in nantahala, put out lights for crappie, when the bait come to the lights we would drop crappie minnows below the bait, would hammer the slab crappie, we also dropped night crawlers a little deeper and would hammer the walleye and big rainbows. I imagine blue Ridge would be the same.

jerdog101

This time of year I catch one or two each trip....they are all good sized! I troll 9 rods with a variety of spoons, umbrella rigs, and cranks...there is a huge learning curve, but I love the challenge...I catch them anywhere from 20-50ft. deep. The night bite is good, but I am not a night owl. :)