Warren Co 2017-2018

How2fish

Well if the Lord allows and the creeks don't rise I will be starting my 30th year hunting in the Crystal Creek Hunting Club this season. Funny how the longer your at this and your blessed to have your health and a good bunch of guys in the club the more you look forward to it ! Hope all the Warren County hunter a good and safe season..check in often with updates and hunt results etc. Just do me a favor and remember lease prices are demand driven...so What happens in Warren County ...Stays in Warren County.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

deerhuntingdawg

It won't be much longer until I'll put my cameras out and glassing acorn trees

deerhuntingdawg

Went to my club the other day to pull my trail camera. Nothing but does and small bucks so far. Some of my friends whom run clubs down the road a few miles, have gotten some nice ones on camera. Looking forward to fall! I'll be hunting in Warren and Burke County this season. Looking forward to updates from ya'll as fall approaches!!

JigNchunk

I think we are going to have a great season in Warren this year. We have been seeing lots of deer every time we go down.

How2fish

One of our members saw a whopper last weekend....anyone seeing any acorns or muscadines yet ?

deerhuntingdawg

Next time over, I'll glass the trees. Seems all the rain has made for great browse which translates into big racks this year!!
Buddy of mine who runs the club next door sent me a pic of an absolute stud. I hope he pays me a visit this year!!

Just curious, how early do you see rub lines and scrapes, went down 2 weeks ago and walked down and clear one of our trails and already found a defined rub line and what looks like a community scrape. I hunt north Warren.

wondering what the camera will show that I just put up on this rub, I will be checking it next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_6059.JPG
    IMG_6059.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_6060.JPG
    IMG_6060.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 752

Snookpimpin

iv already found 3 or 4 scrapes this year, don't usually see them this early I'm sure they are communal, I put cameras on them so will know in a couple weeks

Moose Master

GONetwork Member
Anybody hunt opening weekend? We are off Hwy 123 between Jewell and Mitchell. I didn't get to hunt but am looking forward to getting down real soon.

JigNchunk

3 of us hunted our property this weekend and no one seen a deer. very little pics on trail cams the past week either. Pin oak acorns are falling everywhere.

Lil Red

We hunted a little bit opening weekend. Seen 4 between 3 of us on 4 hunts. We planted plots before the rain.

Wondering about storm damage too, Want to know if my box blind is still in Warren County.

deerhuntingdawg

Any storm damage

A lot of trees down on our club and all over Warren County. My daughter attends BA in Warrenton and they went back to school Wednesday. Mcduffie county schools didn't go back until today with the storm damage and power outages

deerhuntingdawg

All our food plots are done on my club. Buck sign is beginning to show all over the property. I hope to get time to hunt soon as I'm yet to log any stand time

a lot of trees down on our club and even paved roads going to it. saw a lot of power company trucks around on Friday. Deer movement was slow, but buck signs are in full force on our club.

How2fish

Went down for work weekend last weekend, we lost a few oaks and pines. Mast crop looking good , had to break up 3 beaver dams on one creek as they were flooding our creek crossings. Only had one guy hunt a couple of times and he didn't see much.

How2fish

Well who is ready to put down the string and sticks and pick up a muzzleloader ?? And who is ready for some fall like weather ? Seems like all the Hurricanes pushed us right back to the teeth of the summer...

Warrenco

Hunting warren co a little this year. Have property now in three other counties too. Seen a couple but nothing to write home about so far in warren. Out here today. Hot and muggy