Snake River-Jackson Hole Recommendations

ryork

Curious if anyone has any experience with guides/outfitters in the Snake River-Jackson Hole-Yellowstone Wyoming area? Heading out there later this summer and looking at wetting a line for a half-day at least somewhere along the way.

Dean

Jackson

Just FYI, you will not be close to Flaming Gorge if visiting Jackson, WY. FG and the Green is south in UT.

The Green below FG is a wonderful trout fishery, no doubt, - but no need to pass on all the waters much closer to Jackson. You can find a guide in Jackson Hole area - but if you simply want to wade fish there is all kinds of water for half day adventure around Jackson, north in YNP and south of Jackson too.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
The Green River below FG is a jewel!! I fished 7 miles of it, pulled out and was in Jackson Hole by dark.

Green
10303939_628722540552772_7711479857924716217_n.jpg

10411805_628722497219443_74563049743335326_n.jpg

Snake
10414916_628715700553456_6915554380006634283_n.jpg

These folks will put you on fish. Be careful when you pick your trip due to snow melt and raging waters! There is snow on the ground thru June..

https://snakeriverangler.com/

Meriwether Mike

World Cast in Victor, ID is a good guide service. I would highly recommend the Palisades float on the South Fork of the Snake River.

jocko755

I've not used a guide before but have been to JH-WY more than 20 times and have fished the snake from Jackson Lake to below the gorge and from the Palisades into the south fork. The big fly shop is Jack Dennis in town. They have guides. But I would recommend West Bank Anglers.

Guides are hit and miss. Many just are ski lift operators working a summer job and don't know much about fishing. They don't know how to read the river or eddy out and fish a sweet spot - cherry pick the river. You see them paddling straight down the middle and just blow by the good stuff.

There are SO many spots you can simply fish from shore and wade and have tremendous success. So be sure and hit the river in addition to running with a guide.

swampstalker24

How late in the summer? Keep in mind there will be about 50,000 extra tourist in that area around Aug 21st for the eclipse. Prolly be next to impossible to find a camp site or hotel room in the area during that week.

Latest posts