Whats your go to bait for white bass.

red neck richie

Headed back up to the mountains this week end for some bass fishing. Caught a mess of white bass on a small crankbait last weekend. Just wondering what y'alls go to bait is for white bass because I had a lot of short strikes on the crankbait as well.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I've caught most on a 1/8th oz. white marabou jig but i usually fish for them below the dams.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
1/8 leadhead jigs with a pearl or black spotted white curly tail, and the Maribou jigs that rhbama3 makes.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Roadrunner with a curly tail grub. I also hear rooster tails, shad raps and smaller lipless crankbaits work. For top water, a heddon Zara puppy (mini spook) or rebel jumpin minnow is good.

Tarpfisher

I always threw a double crappie jig rig.

Tie the first one with a Palomar knot and leave an extra long tag end and tie the 2nd one off the tag end. Or tie the 2nd off bend of first jig like in flyfishing.

Super deadly. We catch them a lot 2 at a time.

little rascal

White Bite

attachment.php

castandblast

In rivers, i like to throw crank baits. when they are hitting top water, i like a roster tail. When they are schooled up in deeper water, I use a small spoon.

From my experience, when white bass are there and feeding, they will eat anything they can get there mouth on. All you have to do is get the bait to the proper depth that they are at.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Shad Rap.

Latest posts