Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Hood was one of Shermans best Generals:rolleyes:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

westcobbdog

I am pretty sure Hood was a little crazy already and add to that he was jacked up on meds.

What was the considered the last major victory for the good guys?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am pretty sure Hood was a little crazy already and add to that he was jacked up on meds.

What was the considered the last major victory for the good guys?

Western theater or ANV?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
In the west I think it was a cavalry battle in Tennessee.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Bump up. Such a shame for this not to stay at the top.

westcobbdog

I agree Trad Bow, its tough to come up with questions!
The answer to my question would be Chickamauga. Last time the good guys whipped the yanks on a big scale.
We have covered nearly every obscure subject in the WBTS and this is the 2nd thread, I think.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We have covered nearly every obscure subject in the WBTS and this is the 2nd thread, I think.

Heck, we've barely scratched the surface.

Which vessel was run aground and marooned on the first day of the battle of Hampton Roads?

westcobbdog

Heck, we've barely scratched the surface.

Which vessel was run aground and marooned on the first day of the battle of Hampton Roads?

Elfiii, I am near there now in N Outer Banks. Cant imagine sailing in these waters, with raging waves in calm or stormy weather. Merrimack.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Elfiii, I am near there now in N Outer Banks. Cant imagine sailing in these waters, with raging waves in calm or stormy weather. Merrimack.

Nope. It was a Union vessel, the frigate Minnesota. The Merrimac was held off from sinking it by the Monitor the next day and tugs pulled the Minnesota free.

Status
Not open for further replies.